[8]

To everyone who gave me such beautiful words of encouragement on my 'help' chapter; I am so thankful you guys are my readers. This chapter is dedicated to you guys.
~~~~~~
//Coin - Feeling//

The next week was so extremely painful. Ethan didn't sit at the lunch table and when I caught a glimpse of him in the halls he'd keep his head down and his eyes low, trying to avoid me at all costs.

My heart felt so disappointed and unfulfilled. I don't know what I was hoping for but it was the opposite of this pit I feel like I'm trapped in.

At the end of the school day, Mason walked me home because Ivy had skipped today.

"I kind of need your advice on something," Mason said.

"What's up?"

"So there's this girl..." he confessed and immediately his face flushed bright red.

"So you've got girls on your mind?" I teased.

"Oh hush," he whined. "I was just going to ask how you and Ethan kissed so maybe I could make a move on her, but since you're being mean, just forget it," he sighed.

"It just happened Mason. I don't know what else to tell you," my mood dropped severely and Mason could sense it.

"I was just teasing Amelia" he apologized. "You've seemed down all day," Mason said as we slowly slumped down the sidewalk. "What's going on Amelia?" He turned his head towards me.

"I talked with Ethan about it, but he's been avoiding me all week and I don't know why" I shrugged. "I guess I just felt wanted and important and then the next minute he wants nothing to do with me," I sighed and Mason frowned at my answer.

"When you guys talked, did you discuss what it'd be like after?"

"Well I was about to ask him, but my dad pulled in and I had to rush him out," I frowned.

"Well if it's bothering you so much then talk to him. He's my best friend and I know him enough that he wouldn't intentionally mess with your head." he lightly brushed his shoulder against mine as we continued to walk. "Just a secret between you me but to tell you the truth, I never liked Leah and I'd prefer you over her any day."

 I smiled and brought him in for a hug.

We said our goodbye's and finally departed ways. I went up to my room and just flopped onto my bed trying to figure things out and piece things together. I went up on my roof to let out some air when I feel a buzz from my pocket and I take my phone out.

Ethan: Hey, can I come over?

I smiled at my phone

Me: sure, c'mon up

I'm still upset with him, but I will admit I'm happy he texted me.

A couple minutes go by and a figure with brunette hair walks into my front yard, and it only takes him seconds to figure out where I am. He climbs up the tree and onto my roof, he then carefully walks over and sits next to me.

"How are you?" He smiled as he tries to catch his breath.

"I'm okay," I shrugged. "You?" I turned to look at him.

"I'm fine," he breathed out. "The weather is nice." He stalled "So...what were you going to say... yesterday?"

"What do you mean?"

"Before you rushed me out of the house," he laughed.

"Oh, right." I paused "I was gonna ask...what are we exactly now?"

He looked back up at me "Oh...right" His hands fidgeted with the sleeves on his hoodie. "Sorry about this week."

"Why were you so cold towards me?" I said gently as I looked down at my shoes.

"Leah said that if she sees me with you again, she would come after you, so I dumped her..." he dragged on. He focused on the road where small children were playing road hockey.

My heart was practically jumping out of my chest.

"Y-You dumped her... " I breathed out which made it almost a whisper

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Are you okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "There's been so much going on at once for you."

"I think so" he smiled. "Thank you for being concerned about my wellbeing"

"Ethan..." I looked up at his gaze. I tried so hard to not let a smile creep onto my mouth but I couldn't help it.

"Amelia, I just wanted to say that I really do think that you're a beautiful person" 

woah

woAh

wOAH

I blushed a deep red. "I don't know what t-to say," I started. The air was getting cooler which made me shiver. 

"That's okay," he smiled. "I don't expect an answer, I just wanted to be honest"

I covered my face with my cold hands trying to hide my embarrassment. "I'd really l-like to see you more often, Ethan," I smiled at the brunette. I tucked my hands inside of my long sleeve shirt.

The sunset will be soon.

"I'd really like that," he smiled wide "Are you cold?" His brows knit together.

I shook my head 'no' trying to be polite.

He swiftly removed his black hoodie from his body and helped slide it onto mine.

"Thank-k you," I laughed and he nodded at my appreciation.

"I should be going, my parents think I'm getting milk from the corner store," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"How long has it been?"

"About an hour."

"An hour?!" His parents are going to kill him. "I'm so sorry for keeping you so long."

"No, it's fine" he chuckled. "I'll see you later... I guess," he smiled as he got up and started to carefully walk towards the tree.

"Hey... Ethan," I called out as I stood up.

He walked back over to me "Yeah?"

I walked closer to him and gently put my hand on the side of his neck, bringing his head closer to mine. My breath caught in my throat as I softly placed a well-deserved kiss on his cheek. He smiled at my gesture and then went back to climbing the tree.