"Oh shit, pac didn't tell me you was homies? I'm kadafi by the way, and this my nigga Hussein" I smile at them once again not needed to introduce myself, I close the door behind them.

"Yeah we only just met" I laugh a little as kadafi nods in response.

"Yo I was at your show in Oakland a couple weeks back, that shit was DOPE! I ain't even gon lie you had me shockin out when you did that acapella before the drop" Hussein exclaimed collapsed on the sofa. I laugh trying to be as humble as possible.

"Oh Word? Thank you fo real, comments like that make it forth while" I smile at him lightly, kadafi soon pulled out a brown paper bag and I could already smell the content. I get cut out of my thoughts by Déja clearing her throat from across the room.

"Oh shit! I'm trippin, fellas This my homegirl deja" I almost forgot to introduce Déja who was drinking some type of liquor she had just poured. She looked over trying to act natural.

"Déja this kadafi and Hussein" I gesture back to them, kadafi looks at Déja up and down rubbing his hands together , Hussein was just actin normal, he looked high as a motha! Tho.

"Hey" Déja smiles with her cute self actin as if she didn't even know who kadafi was, instantly trappin him as he stares at her like he ain't never seen a women in his damn life.

"Sup girl" he finally let out as he watched her slow walk to the couch and sit at the far corner. He soon followed and sat beside her grindin his weed.

"Here" Hussein passed me a nugget of what smelt loud!!.

"Thanks" I thank him, crumbling the contents in my fingers and using my palm to catch it.

"Yo yo yo!" I finally hear pacs voice followed by a door closing.

"What's goin on baby" kadafi reached out his hand and dapped tupac, and Hussein did the same.

"Yo dumb ass didn't tell me you had honeys over" kadafi smirks at pac who smirks back quickly catching my eye.

"We only met properly today, so they just came through you know" pac shrugged, walking over to a speaker and turning it on low, playin what sounded like snoop dogg but I don't know what song.

"Aight aight I see you" kadafi starts laughing a little making me wonder what he meant by that.

*

*

*
June 8th 1992

|Monaé's P.O.V|

I tried to pay for the weed but tupac insisted it was free which I hated, I don't let nobody pay for my shit. That's what my mama always taught me, pay your own way so nobody can throw it back in yo face, and I live by that.

"Ay, put this in" Hussein threw tupac a CD, I don't pay it no mind and take another hit of my blunt, I could feel it hittin me.

"You aight?" Kadafi looks over at me amused.

"This really that good good huh?" I cheese making us all crack up for no apparent reason, that's how you know we high as shit everything funny.

"So you got a man baby" I hear kadafi ask Déja, they been really hitting it off...I kinda feel bad for Darnell tho, but he probably doin the same damn thing back home.

"It's complicated...but as of now when I'm here" she points down at the floor.

"I'm single" she smiles at kadafi who licks his lips.

"Well then, what you waiting for come here, girl damn" he puts his fingers on her chin and they start kissin, I don't notice I was starin until someone taps me on the shoulder making me jump.

"You good?" Pac smiles lookin down at me.

"Uh Yeah im cool, these fools be distracting" I laugh a little, blinking slowly. Damn I'm real high.
I feel the sofa dip slightly signalling that tupac had sat next to me.

"So where in cali you from?" He asks randomly, kinda catching me of guard. I Manoeuvre my body slightly so I could sit facing him a little.

"How you know I'm from Cali?" I ask, he keeps his smile and licks his lips a little.

"You made a song called 'Cali born' " he laughed as if I where stupid, I am.

"Oh shit yeah, shut up" I feel my cheeks heat up a little as we laugh, i put my blunt straight into the ashtray that's enough for me! That shit got me trippin for real for real...

"I was born in Oakland and now I live in long beach" I look back up at him, his red eyes drawing in my attention.

"Aww shit! Fo real? Oakland is my hood girl!" He cheered making me a bit surprised, small world huh.

"We Straight out here reppin Cali!" I holla, referring to everyone who was also in the trailer.

"West siiidde" Hussein Hollas almost half passed out cold, makin me laugh a little. I forgot that fool was here. I fully turn around to see Déja all up on kadafi making me shake my head, we only been here one day and she already hoein.

"Are y'all bout to take a break to breath, shit?" Tupac called at kadafi and Déja making me and Hussein laugh uncontrollably, kadafi breaks away from Déja who was on his lap, grabs a pillow and launches it at tupac, hittin him in the face.

"Shut yo ass up! Just Coz you ain't gettin non" kadafi snickers before going back to kissin all up on Déja, at this point I couldn't breath, This shit was funny as hell. Coming here wasn't so bad after all, déjas right maybe I should loosen up.