Chapter 18: Last hope

The city was empty, most of the people had ran away, some others were hiding while dead bodies were everywhere, you kept looking around in fear Sonic would show up. Silver turned at you,

"Don't worry (y/n), I will try my best to protect you."

You tried to smile, "Very sweet of you Silver but it's over."

"No as long as I am here." Silver said while he was watching the chaos around him.

"Everything was my fault..." the memories from the past few days were haunting your mind.

"You tried your best (y/n), I know how it feels when nobody have faith in your abilities." The white hedgehog noticed Dr. Ellidy's house, he started going closer.

"Silver...why you keep being so kind to me? I rejected you over and over but you believed to me more than anyone else. I feel the way I treated you was the worst..." Silver's shoes touched the ground and he let you gentle on your feet. He looked at you still smiling,

"Well, to be honest, it still hurts me you have feelings for...him. But this will not change my mind about you. And I know you are a wonderful person, you deserved more and you still do. Maybe I can't be the love of your life but I want to support you in every step."

You hugged each other tight, it was great to be with him after all. You let him and looked around at Dr.'s destroyed house. You ran to his lab but the view wasn't pleasured. The roof had fell and most of the things had turned into pieces, you looked further and the machine you were looking for had the same fate.

What will I do now?

You felt your heart skipping beats while you leaned on your knees,

This is the end after all...

The room was quiet and dirty with dust, bricks and ash. The sky was red and there was smoke everywhere from the fires in the town.

You stayed quiet until you heard Silver screaming, you stood up and ran outside. Silver was kicked to the ground while Sonic was standing in front of him, ready to end his life.