Chapter 7: Freezing to death

The cool water was going down your throat, soon your bottle was empty but you were still thirsty. Sonic walked close to you and crossed his arms,

"When are we going to leave princess?" He asked sarcastic.

"I am not like you, you know. It's not easy to be in your arms all the time." You put the empty bottle careful in your bag, you didn't want Sonic see the emeralds.

"Yeah, whatever. I found a place where we can stay tonight."

You looked at him wondering, "Really? And where if I can ask."

Sonic pointed his finger at an old building in a mountain, you could say there was snow, "This is one of Eggman's old lairs. We can stay there for a night."

"Are you sure about that? It seems dangerous." You were staring at him worried.

Sonic didn't answer. He just graded you in his arms and started running. Soon you were close to the lair. However it was really cold and your clothes couldn't warm you enough. You stopped in from of the door, it had a lot of snow while the building seemed ready to fall. You looked down at the dark bottom, one mistake and you would be dead for sure.

"Are you coming?" Sonic asked and walked inside.

You ran after him. You couldn't see much but you recognized the old and broken robots. On the second floor, it was getting colder, the only light was coming from upstairs,

"I can't see shit, where exactly are we going?"

"Just follow me, I know where we are going." Sonic said with confidence.

The third floor was bigger than the two previous. The building had the shape like an oval, making the floors in the middle bigger than the others. When you arrived at this floor, you notice a huge hole in the wall. You were staring there with open eyes.

"What happened here?" You walked a bit closer.

"I did it after another battle with Eggman. Old times." Sonic didn't really care.

"What.....what happened to Eggman? Did he turn you into this?" You turned at him as you could see your breath from the cold weather.

"I don't know what he had in plan but yeah, I am like this because of him. Of course I killed him after that."

"Don't you ever think if killing is not the answer?"

"But I don't care about people. I already saved enough, it doesn't mind some killing too. After all, it's their problem they get in my way."

"In...your way?" Your heart was beating faster, maybe of fear.

"When my personality changed, my memories were blind. I remembered you as the last person I saw but I couldn't remember at who I gave the emeralds. So I ran into other people to make sure. Of course, they noticed what was wrong with me and tried to stop me but they went into their death. However, it made my memories more clear of our last meeting."

"Do you remember anything else about me? Or the others?" You rubbed your hands to make them warm.

"Only your jealously every time I was with Sally." He smirked at you while you tried to look away blushing.

"Very funny." You finally said and looked again at the hole, "It's so scary to watch from here..." without you noticed you flipped on some ice on the floor and started slipping to the hole."

You screamed scared but then Sonic took your hand and brought you close to him,

"Are you stupid?!?! Watch your step!", he was looking into your eyes but you turned your head down.

"I am sorry..." You said with low voice.

"Just....be careful, ok?" He let you and kept going to the next floor.

Soon you found a small room like living room, you sat on the couch while Sonic was trying to bring to electricity. Few minutes later, the lights turned on and it was getting warmer. Sonic sat next to you tired,

"I never liked things like that." He looked at you as you were warming your arms.

"Here, let me help." He hugged you close to him without you say anything.

Sonic raised his eyebrow, "you are very quiet, what's wrong?"

"Nothing...just tired..." Your mind was confused.

Why Sonic saved me if he doesn't care? He will kill me after he get the emeralds? Am I right to be still in love with him? What if I don't make it? I feel scared around him but I still care...

You closed your eyes and tried to sleep.

Rest in peace...asshole (c) EinhardeR ( Her art is really good, check her gallery if you like.)