Chapter 15: The truth

The city started showing after you passed the forest, however there were more police around than before. Because of that, you kept hiding again and again, without you notice it was afternoon and you were both safe for now.

"I can't believe we are so close!" Sonic's face had a huge smile while he was running like the wind.

"Because we are close, it doesn't mean we should not be careful." The wind was bringing your hair in your face, making it more and more annoying.

"Are you kidding? Nothing can stop us now!" He was laughing from pleasure until something hit next to him.

They were freedom fighters.

"These jerks again? Go somewhere safe while I will take care of them ok?" He looked at you serious.

"O-ok" you nodded.

Sonic ran faster to make some distance and let you down while he ran back to fight. You were holding your bag tight and watching him leaving.

"So, you took his side. Traitor." You turned and looked at princess with widen eyes. It seemed she wanted to fight you first.

"Listen Sally, I can explain..." you put your bag on your back and raised your hands like you surrendered.

"It's too late for that! You decided to be this way." She was walking closer to you, holding the two swords.

"Why it has to be like this? After all we both want the same, just with different ways." You were walking backwards while smoke and fire were coming from the spot where the fight was.

This is not good.

"No! It's not good! You wanted Sonic for yourself! The only reason you want to be with him is because you can fuck each other without care for anything!" You could see in her eyes she only wanted to kill you.

You stayed still wondering, "So that's it? You did all this because I was with Sonic? I thought you wanted to save him."

"Yes! I love him more than anyone and now, he keeps rejecting me because of you...No. He was going to do it and before...because of you! You stole him from me! And now you want him to be like this so he can stay with you, is that want you want, isn't it?!?!?"

You couldn't believe that, Sonic was right after all, "Sally, you are mad!"

Sally filled with more anger," Come on, admit it! You want Sonic for yourself!"

You looked at the grass and closed your eyes with guilt, "Yes..."

"I knew it!" She smile with satisfaction and pushed you on the grass, "I will stop you then!"

----

Sonic came out from the smoke with blood covering his body, none of his rivals was alive. He looked at your direction and saw Sally ready to kill you,

"(y/n)!"

--------

Hey hey, how are you? I have some interesting news. Sadly this book is close to the end but I am working on a new book on Scourge. I wrote the first chapter and I will upload it the next day after the last chapter of this book.

See you.