Chapter 6: Keeping secrets

Silver walked in the room where Shadow was resting, he waved at the black hedgehog and gave him a smile,

"Hey Shadow, you look much better now." He said but Shadow wasn't happy. He sat on his bed and looked at him,

"Did you find them?" he asked without show any emotion.

"N-no" Silver tried to avoid the eye contact with Shadow. But he only made Shadow more suspicious.

"You are lying, Silver. I will ask you again. Did you find them?" He got off his bed and stood against the white hedgehog. Cold sweat was running on Silver's body, he didn't know what to say. If he pretend he has to leave, it will get worse. If he tries to change topic, Shadow would ask him more.

"I-I didn't find them....for real." He finally said, trying to look more serious.

"Listen Silver, I know you love (y/n) and for that you should try harder. Before Sonic hurt her."

"I am sure (y/n) is fine!" Silver said with confidence.

"And how do you know that? A lot can happen to her. She is weaker than him and he can kill her anytime or worse....." The black hedgehog was watching his partner shanking.

"or worse?" Silver asked.

"He may torture her and threat her to stay with him. If something happens to her, you are the one to blame because you promised to protect her." Guilty covered Silver's mind.

"I-I found them...I was going to kill Sonic..."

Flashback

Silver and you were kissing each other, when you broke your kiss, Silver looked at you worried,

"What are you going to do?" he was holding your hands gentle.

"I am going to Monopole, at Dr. Ellidy's house. There is a machine which can bring creatures to the previous forms. It was made for people who turned into robots or else from Eggman." You turned and both looked at Sonic.

"Do you think you can handle it? Maybe Freedom Fighters can help."

You shake your head negative, "I don't want risk more lives. Sonic can't understand his actions and he will kill without second thought."

Silver turned at you worried, "But what about you? I will never forgive myself if he do anything to you."

"It doesn't matter... I don't matter... All these years I did nothing to help but now... If this means to cost my life, I am going to do it." You felt so sure about yourself.

Silver grabbed you and turned you against him, tears were running on his cheeks,

"Don't you dare say that again (y/n). I can't imagine my life without you. Even if we are not still together, knowing you are here is my reason to keep going. I can't see you dying, if I find out he did anything to you, he better find somewhere to hide."

You smiled at him, "Ok then, I will do my best to stay alive."

Silver smiled back and hugged you tight, "I love you (y/n), you are my whole world."

Back to present

Shadow was staring without say anything, "I have to talk to Sally."

Silver wide his eyes "No! She will run after them!"

Shadow looked at his angry, "You don't get it, do you? (y/n) is not able for this. When Sonic finds out she was lying, he will kill her. So, if you want to help her, you better shut up and let us do our job."

Shadow was walking and thinking,

(y/n) is blind like Sally, they don't want to kill him because they have feelings for him. Of course, Sally is more mature and understand that if we have to kill Sonic, she will agree. On the other hand, (y/n) is acting without thinking. Her plan is just to buy some time. Because she didn't do anything for so long, she thinks it's time for games, to play it hero. I still can't believe how she tricked Silver with that. But...what now? I have to win this rat. I will not make the same mistake twice.

Shadow walked into Tails' workplace.

______________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Sonic was running through the forest, holding you in his arms. Your cheeks were still red after what happened. You really wanted to repeat these moments again and again.

"You really enjoyed our time, didn't you?" Sonic was looking at you, he knew you liked touching your body.

"No, I just feel dizzy." You said looking away.