Chapter 8: Their last battle

You opened your eyes and looked around, you thought you heard something or someone. Sonic was sleeping peaceful in the corner of the couch, you stood up, got your bag and walked downstairs. When you saw the hole from before, you ran to the second floor but you couldn't see anything.

Maybe I was wrong.

You turned to the stairs but then something push you on the wall,

"Ahhh!" You yelled and soon you noticed two red eyes staring at you.

"Shadow? Is that you?" You said trying to calm down.

"Nice to see each other again, right?" Shadow let you free, "Where is this bastard?"

"No Shadow, you don't understand..." Before you finish your sentence, you saw a two-tails yellow fox running at you with a flashlight.

"Tails!" you hugged each other tight. He was a good friend of yours and it was great to see him again.

"(y/n) ! I am so happy you are safe. Did Sonic hurt you?"

You let him and shake your head negative, "No, I am fine."

Shadow filled his gun, "Good, let's kill him once for all."

You wide your eyes and held his arm tight, "No Shadow, don't do that, it's not a solution."

He turned at you angry and pushed you away, "You don't understand, do you? You are not a hero and you are not one of us! Stop protecting him or I will stop you!"

"And you think you can just kill me with a gun? Come on Shadow."

You all looked at the black silhouette behind. The only light was hitting on Sonic's back, however, you could see clearly his red eyes.

"Save your words, blue. You will not leave this place alive."

Sonic leaned on his shoulder a bit and smirked, "Bring it on then, faker."

Shadow shot at Sonic but he ran away, the blue hedgehog spin dash at Shadow, pushing him at same old barrels. The room filled with dust in the air, making you cough. Tails grabbed your hand and began running to the door,

"What are you going? They will kill each other!"

"We will die too if we stay here, we should get out!" Soon he let your hand but you kept running with him. The whole place was shaking, ready to fall. You could hear Shadow's gun shooting and both scream in pain, huge old robots were falling on your way. Then one of them fall on you, trapping your waist and legs,

"Tails! Help me!" You yelled, trying to move your body but it was getting worse. Tails turned and ran back at you but more things were falling and blocked his way.

"Stay calm! I will help you!" he was trying to push the things away.

"No!" You said crying, "Go call for help! Nobody will find us here. Go before it's late!"

Tails looked at you with tears and nod, "I will come back." He ran away back at his plane.

==============================================================================

Meanwhile, Shadow put his gun back in its case.

It's useless, Sonic is too fast to just shoot him.

Sonic smirked at him, "Ready to give up?"

Shadow smiled a bit, "Not so easy."

They were fighting and hitting on walls, making the whole building shaking. Sonic stopped for a bit and soon he got an idea. He hit Shadow and ran to the third floor.

Shadow followed him without getting suspicious, he saw Sonic trying to catch a breath with a huge hole behind him. The black hedgehog went with speed at Sonic but the last moment Sonic jumped away from him. He started slipping on the ice to the cliff. He grabbed a metal from the building and looked down at the black chaos.

"Need a hand?" Sonic smiled evil, holding his hands behind his back.

Shadow turned at him mad, "It's not over Sonic."

"Oh it is." Sonic showed Shadow's gun and pointed at his enemy's forehead.

"Goodbye, Shadow the Hedgehog."

The fire sounded in the whole area. Shadow's dead body was falling in the black emptiness. Tails turned his head and noticed someone falling as he was flying in front of the building, then he saw Sonic walking away.

"He-he killed him......Sonic no......" He flew away crying.

========================================================================

You were so tired, you couldn't feel your body, someone was coming at you but you fainted before you see the face.

Wait........! (c) EinnhardeR