Chapter 17: left behind

You woke up and looked at Sonic, your head was about to break from the pain,

"Sonic, what happened?"

He didn't answer as he was staring with wide eyes at something. You turned your head to the direction he was looking and your eyes widen too.

The chaos emeralds were lying on the ground. You stood up and tried to say something.

"Sonic, I..."

Sonic leaned on his knees and grabbed one of them, "all this time, you were hiding them from me...all this time I was holding them in my arms without know it..."

"Sonic listen, I can explain..."

"What?!?!? Is there any way possible to explain this?! All these tries and all this time you were lying to me!"

He got up and walked close to you, "You are in huge trouble...maybe I should had killed you earlier."

"So you lied to me too." You stood up and looked at him without fear. It didn't matter anymore, you failed and you had to face it, after all you got tired of him threating you.

"What?"

"Earlier today, you fought for me and you said you wouldn't hurt me but now you are going to kill me, right?. We both lied to each other..."

Sonic started getting more calm, "You are right, I will see what I will do with you later. Because after I finish my work, it will be only you and me. I will make you suffer..."

He slowly walked to the emeralds as they started flying around and then he turned into super Sonic but his fur was red like blood. He looked at you for one last time and flew away at the city.

You started walking with any energy had left to the city.

I failed. I lost everything and all happened because I tried to be a hero.

A body was lying on the grass. She was Sally, she seemed still alive but her skin had burnt from the explosion,

"Sally...wake up." You pushed her body gentle but nothing, "Sally please wake up..."

Screams were coming from the city while smoke was covering the sky.

"Oh no" you started running there.

This is the end, everyone will die because of me... but I can't give up yet, maybe there is still something I can do.

"(y/n)!" You heard someone calling you, you turned back and smiled, "Silver!"

The white hedgehog landed in front of you and hugged you tight, "you are still alive! I am so glad."

You smiled tired, "you too, how did you...ah!" You fell on your knee tired and still hurt from the explosion.

Silver grabbed you in his arms, "Don't worry, I will take care of you, alright?"