Lucky You

How did you end up here? You ask yourself that over and over. What did you do wrong? Why didn't you see it coming? The questions continue to whirl inside you along with the stabbing pain from your ankles. The pain extends all the way to your lower back.

"Hey!" You are startled by Sangwoo's angry tone, and you realize he has been snapping his fingers in front of your face this entire time. "What the hell do you think about so much?"

"Nothing," You say quickly. He raises and eyebrow at you but doesn't say anything as he ruffles through the clothes rack and pulls out two sweater dresses. "Which one do you like better? Red or black?"

"Um...Bla--"

"Ah, red. Good choice," He tells you as he puts the black dress back and walks to the dressing room.

You follow behind him slowly and wobbly trying to ignore the pain that eats through you. He stands by the dressing room door scratching his head in impatience. You wonder how poor Bum dealt with this last time.

When you finally make it inside you drop on the dressing room bench with a sigh of relief as Sangwoo hangs the red dress on the hook. You bite your lower lip as if that would ease your pain, and stare down at your booted feet that start feeling tight on you because your feet are swollen by now. You look up at Sangwoo who just stares at you with contempt on his face.

"You're starting to piss me off, YN. The least you could do is be grateful I took you out. Don't you get tired of being in the house all day? Bum would appreciate being here, you know."

You can't avoid his scrutinizing gaze because the room is so small that his imposing frame is hard to look past by. You force a smile at him, but yours are never as genuine looking as Bum's, "Thank you."

He rolls his eyes and says, "Try on the dress. I'll be right back. Stay put."

"Okay."

Even standing up is such a hassle, your legs shake and the pain is worse on your right ankle. It felt as if someone was splitting your shinbone in half. You place as much weight as you can on your left foot and grab the wall of the dressing room while you reach for the red dress. You avoid looking at yourself in the mirror as you grab the hem of it and yank it off the hanger and flop back on the bench with a thud. You're panting and sweating. You don't know how much of this you can take. You roll the heavy black jacket from your shoulders and look down at the summer dress you are wearing. You focus on the little blue and yellow flowers that are printed all over it. In your mind, you still see the girl who wore it; you hear her screams, her horrified expression when Sangwoo sliced her belly open. Would that be your fate one day?

You gasp when the door of the dressing room opens.

"You're still not ready? Jesus, YN. You're a pain in the ass."

He kneels in front of you and begins unbuttoning your summer dress, one by one, but getting irritated by the number of buttons he just rips it straight from the middle. He yanks the dress from under you and throws it to the side. You wear nothing under your dress, just yellow panties, and the knives scars, brandings and cigarette burns that are now part of your skin.

"Look what I got for you." He digs through his jean pockets and shows you a black lace thong.

He grabs your arms and eases you up, and you place your hands on his shoulders to steady yourself as he yanks your panties down with one pull. He is silent as you balance yourself on him to remove one leg from the panties then the other.

"You were wearing one of these when you came over to my place, do you remember?" He stretches the leg hole of the thong as you stick your suede boots through one and then other. He laughs. "You little whore."

He slips the dainty garment up your legs slowly as his eyes stare at the art he has made on your skin. He licks his lips at the beautiful sight. The tips of his fingers caress you as he slowly pulls up the garment. You tremble at his touch, at the pain. He stops to caress between your legs, at the stubble already growing there. He looks up at you, "You hair grows so fast. We will remove it tomorrow."

You nod as he presses his lips against you and then rubs his chin against the skin between your legs, "It feels just like a chin stubble."

To your relief, he pulls the thong up and grabs the red dress and slips it on you.

In just a couple of minutes, you are trudging behind him again. You pull the sweater dress over your carved thighs as you half-walk and half-drag yourself behind him in your crutches.

"Hurry up!" He barks.

You try to hurry as you put weight on your aching feet. He waits for you at the start of the escalator going down. You notice that he has also changed his outfit from the green V-neck sweater he wore, to a wine colored turtleneck and vest. He turns to you and grabs a strand of your long (color, texture) hair, "You want your make-up done?"

You aren't sure what to say, but you say yes, afraid to make him angry. You arrive a the makeup section where a young girl in a braid and professionally dressed is already putting the makeup samples away, but she freezes when she sees him, and all Sangwoo has to do is give her a little smirk for her to melt.

"Are you closing already?" He asks her and then turns to you with feigned pity, "Oh, I am sorry baby sis."

"I can help you guys; I don't mind."

"Really? Oh, that is great!" He smiles down at her, "My sis wants a make-over. We are heading to a family dinner, and we are already running late."

The sales girl just nods and chuckles. She is blushing from her cheeks to her ears, "I'll be happy to do it for her."

Sangwoo gives her a thank you and swoops you off your feet with one hand and holding the crutches on the other, he places you on the high makeup chair.

"You have such a good brother," She says and smiles kindly at you

Idiot. You think to yourself.

You pull the lapels of the thick jacket over your thighs as best you can as the girl guides your chin up and goes to work. "What happened to your legs?"

" Accident," You mumble and glance over at Sangwoo who doesn't take his eyes off you. She begins asking questions about the party, laughing cutely and looking over at Sangwoo, but then she looks down and frowns, and you already know your dress has ridden up your thighs and she can see the thick carved scars on your (tone) skin. She smiles and pretends she didn't see a thing.

 She smiles and pretends she didn't see a thing