Chapter 46

"Niall, where are we going?!"

I squealed when he turned a corner, causing me to fly over in my seat. He just laughed.

"We'll be there soon so hush."

I laughed along with him and turned the radio up. Moving to London with Niall was probably the best decision I ever made. Breaking up with him would probably be my worst.

Ellie Goulding's voice filled the car, reminding me of that picture and I quickly reached over and shut the radio off, like I always did when I heard her songs. I looked over at Niall to find him just staring blankly out in front of him at the road.

The silence got awkward and I sighed, turning the music back on. Niall sighed and leaned over, switching the station. This time he looked over to me and reached his hand towards mine, slowly grabbing it. He started rubbing it with his thumb and brought it up to his mouth, softly kissing it.

"I'm really sorry, Tess."

I shrugged and softly smiled at him.

"It's fine, Niall. You can't change the past. I learned that the best thing to do is just forget about it."

He nodded and dropped my hand, causing me to frown. He turned into a parking lot type thing and smiled over at me.

"We're here."

I looked around and saw the sign on the building.

"At a recording studio? I don't sing Niall... Don't count on getting a new hit single out of me."

"Yeah you're right, you don't sing but I do."

He winked at me and hopped out of the car, jogging around to my side. He opened the door for me and helped me out, tossing his arm around my shoulder. I acted like he didn't have an effect on me but I was screaming on the inside.

He led me through the building and waved to all the people that walked by and smiled at him. He led me into a room and shut the door. I looked around and noticed a bunch of papers on a table with a guitar leaning on it. There was a single chair and then a couch that fit like three people. I took a seat on the couch and Niall sat down next to me.

"So what are we doing here?"

"I want to show you something."

I nodded while he grabbed the guitar setting it on his lap. He started shuffling through the papers but stopped when he found what he was looking for.

"I want to show you a song I've been working on."

"And you couldn't show me at home?"

He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Just let me show you okay."

I nodded and he smiled at me, getting his fingers in the right position on the guitar.

"I've been working on this song for a while now. Don't get creeped out but it's kind of about you I guess? Well it's not about you, you're just the inspiration for it."

I stifled a laugh and cleared my throat.

"Niall, you're rambling."

He laughed and nodded.

"Sorry, let me just get to the point. Um, I wanted to write this song for the fans that went through the kind of stuff you did. One Direction saves so many lives and I think it's time we legit dedicate a song to the fans that we've saved or even the fans that we weren't lucky enough to save."

I blinked back the tears and took a deep breathe. Niall noticed and immediately panicked.

"Was this a bad idea? Should I just throw it out and forget about it? Oh my god, I'm so sorry Tessa. I didn't mean to make you cry."