Chapter 7

I woke up, hearing my phone ring and groaned. Leave me alone will you?

My phone rang again and I groaned, grabbing it and chucking it across the room. I’m sick of hearing the stupid face time ringtone and I’m a little surprised I haven’t shot myself yet.

Let me fill you in on what happened the past week. I woke up at like 6 that morning after the concert and me and Austin snuck down into the lobby, making sure not to wake anybody up and drove home.

My birthday was a few days later and I did absolutely nothing other than sit around and watch movies. Austin came home that night though and baked me a cake but that’s it.

Basically all I’ve done this week is wake up, go to school, come home, and sleep.

Oh and I constantly am hitting ignore on Niall’s calls. I don’t want to talk to someone who is just going to make fun of me. Sorry I can’t help the day that I was conceived. I can’t change it so deal with it.

I fell back asleep within seconds.

My alarm went off and I groaned, rolling over and throwing the covers over my head. My alarm wouldn’t shut up so I sat up, growling and turned it off before stretching.

I rubbed my eyes and stood up, padding to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed, seeing my hair sticking up everywhere. God, didn’t I look beautiful in the morning.

When I finally got my hair, decent looking, I flipped my head upside down and just put it in a messy bun. I threw on some black tights, a plain dress and a cardigan over it with my combat boots. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and a very light pink, subtle lipstick.

I smiled at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my phone and ran out the door knowing I was probably late.

I was shocked when I saw I was early and hopped in my car. I could stop at Starbucks and get a coffee before school. I’m dead tired so it will probably help.

I pulled up and bought myself a coffee before hanging out there for a while. I checked my phone and frowned when I saw I had no new calls or texts from Niall. I mean I should be happy but I’m just not. I guess I didn’t want him to give up on me.

I lost track of time and before I knew it, I was once again late for school. Even when I’m early, I’m late. 

I sighed and hopped in my car, driving to the hell hole. I parked my car and took my time walking in. I’m already late, why rush to get there.

Before I knew it, I found myself in the office and groaned, getting a tardy pass. The lady at the front desk chuckled when she saw me.

“Late again, Miss Riley. You look exhausted.”

“Couldn’t sleep last night.”

I shrugged and she sighed.

“I’ll let this one slide since you look like a zombie, but next time, detention.”

I nodded and grabbed the slip, thanking her before going to my locker. I grabbed my math book and shut my locker, starting off to my first class…

~

The bell rang, waking me up from my nap and my head shot up. I literally sprinted to my locker and threw everything in there, grabbing my phone and keys. I checked my makeup and smiled before slamming my locker shut.

I couldn’t help but hear everyone whispering about someone important being here. I rolled my eyes and pushed past all the girls dying for gossip.

Instead of going to the lunch room like a normal kid, I went straight for the door. I hated cafeteria food and would much rather eat at McDonalds than here.