Chapter 30

My mom opened the front door and Niall walked in, carrying me in his arms. My mom rolled her eyes and walked in as well, shutting the door and going off to her room. She obviously wasn't happy with me getting back with Niall even though technically, we never broke up.

Niall walked up the stairs to my room and set me down gently on the bed, pulling the covers up over me. He then slid onto the bed next to me, and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He leaned down and kissed me. I felt his lips curl up in a smile and I laughed, pulling away.

"You know, I was perfectly capable of walking."

"Yeah, with crutches. We would probably just be getting to the front door by now."

My mouth dropped open in mock hurt and I playfully slapped his arm with my good wrist.

"I'm not that slow."

He laughed obviously finding this amusing.

"Oh god, please tell me you're joking. It took us almost a half hour to get out of the hospital. I was so tempted to just pick you up and run to the car."

I rolled my eyes and pouted.

"I just need some practice that's all."

Niall burst out laughing. I rolled over on my side, facing away from him but winced at the pain and rolled back so I was lying on my back. I felt a pinch in the back of my eyes and I squeezed them shut, knowing what was coming.

A tear slipped down my face and I squeezed my eyes shut tighter. Sooner or later, I was full on sobbing. Niall immediately pulled me towards him making me wince again. He loosened his grip on me and wiped my tears away.

"I was just joking, Tess. I shouldn't have laughed. I didn't mean to make you cry."

I shook my head and sniffled, trying to stop crying.

"I know, Ni. It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

He wiped away another one of my tears and frowned, kissing my temple. He grabbed my hand and pulled it closer towards him. He started playing with my fingers and kissed my palm.

"What is it babe?"

I whimpered and melted under his touch.

"Everything hurts."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, biting down hard on his bottom lip, looking up at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry T-Tess, I'm so sorry."

I rolled onto my side, ignoring the voice in my head screaming at me to lay flat on my back. No matter how bad the pain in my ribs were, nothing was worse than the pain I felt in my heart seeing Niall break down and cry.

I reached my hand out and grabbed his, intertwining our fingers, frowning at the sight in front of me. Niall tried to pull his hand away but I tightened the grip. He ripped his hand from mine and shot up from the bed. He paced around my room and ran his fingers through his hair once again, angry tears running down his cheeks.

"This is all my fault Tess! You shouldn't love me! I'm the one who put you in this state. I'm the reason you're broken. The reason you're in pain!"

He sat down on the edge of the bed, his head in his hands. I noticed his shoulders start to shake and before I knew it, he was full on sobbing. I didn't know how I would get to the end of my bed without hurting myself but I knew I had to.

I looked around my room and noticed my crutches on the wall. I reached out as far as I could and sighed when I found that they were just out of reach. I swung my legs off the bed and put all my pressure on my one good leg. I stood up and guided myself along the bed with my good hand practically leaning on it, while I hopped on my one leg. I finally reached Niall and he looked up at me, his eyes red and puffy, fresh tears rolling down his face. I sat down next to him and leaned in, kissing the corner of his mouth.

"I don't blame you for this. So you shouldn't blame yourself. I love you Niall and nothing you do or say will ever change that. Get it through that big head of yours, alright pop star?"

He chuckled through his sobs and shook his head, sniffling and wiping some of his tears away.

"You know I have to go back to London soon, right Tess? I can't stay here forever."

I nodded and looked down at my hands, picking at my nails.

"I know... but we have right now and we're not going to spend it being mad at ourselves and crying, got it?"

He nodded and wiped away the last of his tears, standing up and picking me up. I laughed and fisted his t-shirt with my good hand, laying my head on his chest. I could feel his heartbeat and I smiled. I turned my head and kissed his chest before laying my head on it once again. I couldn't help it when my face broke out into a grin when I realized that his heart was beating faster. He laughed and set me down crawling in next to me.

"Don't get all cocky because you make my heart race. You should've heard yours in the hospital. One kiss from me and it was going crazy. One time the doctor had to come in and see if everything was okay because it was going crazy. He thought it was cute that I even had that effect on you when you were unconscious."

I blushed and snuggled into his side.

"I can't help that I'm madly in love with you, Ni."

"I could say the same, princess."