Chapter 45

I woke up to quiet singing in my ear. I slowly fluttered my eyes open and smiled when I saw the sight in front of me.

Niall was holding me close to him, looking down on me, singing a song quietly to himself. When he saw that I was awake, his smile only grew.

"Good morning Tessa."

I smiled at him and leaned in, kissing him on the cheek, causing my face to burn red.

"Morning, Ni."

He opened his mouth to say something, making me to burst into a fit of laughter. He frowned and pouted.

"What's so funny?"

"I, I t-think you have f-food on your face! Oh my god, has it been there all night?!"

I burst into more laughter while he just rolled his eyes. He un wrapped an arm from around me and wiped it off his face. Instead of putting his arm back like I hoped he would, he removed the other one as well and stood up stretching.

"That leads me to what I was going to say anyways. Come on."

I looked at him confused while he just laughed and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. The cold breeze on my butt was something I hadn't felt in a while but now that I was back in this position, it felt like I never left.

I don't know if that even made sense but let's just say I was happy to be around playful Niall again. He carried me into the kitchen and set me down in a chair before covering my eyes quickly so I couldn't see anything.

"Okay, One, two, three."

He removed his hands from my eyes and my mouth dropped open in shock. In front of me was literally a feast. There was every single kind of breakfast food you could imagine on the table. I looked at Niall with wide eyes.

"You made all this?!"

"Yeah, when you were sleeping."

"What time is it?"

"It's only eleven, I woke up early."

I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I can tell. Now come on and sit down, we have a feast to eat."

He laughed and sat down across from me, piling his plate with food. I started doing the same, causing Niall to stop shoving his face and look up at me.

"I don't mean to sound rude, but you're eating again?"

I slowly nodded, not looking up to meet his eyes.

"What uh, what made you change your mind?"

I shrugged and grabbed a piece of toast.

"You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone."

Niall didn't say anything, so I looked up at him. He was deep in thought just staring down at his plate filled with food. After a while, he slowly picked up his fork and started to eat again.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, and grabbed my fork as well, doing the same. After a while of silence, I decided to break it.

"So what are you doing today?"

"Depends on what you're doing."

"Classic answer, Niall Horan."

"Did you expect anything less?"

"From you? Never."

Niall smiled and got up from his seat grabbing both my plate and his. I immediately stood up, trying to help him put everything away but he just glared at me and shook his head.

"No, no, no Tessa, you're not cleaning this up."

"I live here, don't I?"

"Yes and that's why you're going to go upstairs and get ready while I clean this up."

"Ah, so you do have something planned."

He winked at me and turned around, continuing to clean the kitchen while I just walked towards the bedroom to get ready.

I shut the water off and stepped out into the bathroom, wrapping the towel tightly around me. I had glanced at the razor multiple times while in the shower but what was the point.

I was the happiest I had been in a long time. I was with Niall again, well at least living with him, I didn't have to constantly worry that I would be homeless on the streets again, I had food in front of me and a roof over my head, I was nowhere near my mother and the drama that came with her, and me and Charlie were safe.

My eyes widened and I nearly sprinted out of the room, my arms holding onto my towel for dear life. I ran out into the bedroom to spot Niall playing with Charlie on the bed. I let out a sigh of relief and tried to steady my breathing.

Niall looked up at me and awkwardly cleared his throat looking back down at Charlie. I suddenly realized I was standing in the middle of Niall's room in nothing but my towel.

"Uh, sorry I just forgot about Charlie and just remembered and yeah, sorry."

He just smiled up at me and got off the bed clearing his throat.

"It's okay, um you can get dressed, I'm just going to go get cleaned up. Charlie's right here."

I nodded and he walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. I sighed and grabbed some clothes, quickly changing into them before he came back out. I messed with my hair for a bit before deciding to just throw it up in a messy bun and be done with it.

I sprawled out on the bed and Charlie immediately came over and started cuddling in my side. I smiled and went to pick her up when the bathroom door opened and Niall walked out.

I didn't take much notice at first but then I saw what he was wearing and immediately snapped my head back up to stare at him. He was wearing nothing but a towel and water was dripping off his bare chest. Niall must've noticed my actions because he started laughing.

"You could've at least been more subtle about it."

I shrugged while I felt my face heat up.

"Are you going to stay and watch me change to? I bet you want to see that as well."

My face grew even redder and I quickly grabbed Charlie and hurried out of the bedroom, shutting the door on the way out. I slid down the wall and just sat on the ground with Charlie in my lap. I only had three words right now.

Oh, hot and damn.