Chapter 43

"No Niall, I can't leave, I can't do it."

"Tessa, come on. You're making a scene."

"I don't care! I'm not going to London with you."

"You're being unrealistic, Tess."

"Don't you dare call me, Tess. You have no right to call me that name anymore."

"Okay, Tessa. I know you're stubborn but this is unreal. We're literally already on the plane."

"Fuck!"

He chuckled a bit and I glared at him.

"Don't laugh at me."

He held up his hands in defeat and called the flight attendant over.

"Could we get a water to cool my friend Tessa off?"

I rolled my eyes and shoved him away, resting my head on my knees and looking out the window. I felt an arm wrap around me. I lifted my head a bit and turned to face Niall.

"Hey, you sure you're okay?"

I nodded and sighed.

"What if something happens between us and you want me to leave or vice versa? I'll have no place to go."

"If something like that did happen, I would personally sit down with you and find you somewhere to go. But hey,"

He brought his hand out and rested it on my knee, rubbing it soothingly with his thumb.

"Nothing's going to happen between us, nothing like before."

I nodded and softly smiled at him. We're not even dating and I'm worried about what would happen if we broke up. What the fuck? Niall smiled back and removed his hand from my knee. He put up the seat rest in between us and patted his lap.

"It's a long flight. Go ahead and sleep. I'll wake you up before we land."

I nodded and lay my head down on his lap. His fingers immediately started working through my hair and playing with it. A smile tugged on my lips and I shut my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

~

"Babe, babe wake up, we're landing soon."

I yawned and fluttered my eyes open, stretching a bit. I rubbed tiredly at my eyes and looked up at Niall smiling. He smiled right back down at me.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning."

I pulled myself up off his lap and put the arm rest down, putting my seatbelt back on. The plane started descending and I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths and squeezing the shit out of the arm rest. I heard a deep chuckle beside me and I quickly glanced over at Niall glaring.

"Why are you so scared?"

"Why aren't you scared!? What if we crash and die!?"

"We won't die Tessa."

"You're only being so calm because you do this every other day!"

"Exactly, so we won't die."

"You don't know that! What if this is just an unlucky flight for us!?"

"Well I'd be lucky to die right beside you."

"Don't get all cheesy and romantic on the subject of death."

He just laughed and unbuckled his seatbelt.

"What are you doing!?"

"Getting off the plane? Come on, we landed already."

My eyes widened. The fact Niall distracted me to the point where I didn't even know we landed blew my mind. The things that boy does to me. I shook my head and laughed quietly to myself, standing up and grabbing the cat bag thingy that Charlie was in. I grabbed my backpack as well and put it on, before following slowly behind Niall.

The second we stepped off the plane, security was surrounding us. I felt Niall grab my hand and I took a deep breath.

"Stay close to me and whatever you do, do not let go of my hand."

High pitched screams filled my ears and I could instantly feel a headache forming. I kept my head down, my eyes on me and Niall's intertwined fingers. Security pushed through the crowd and before I knew it, we were in the car and I could breathe again.

The security guards handed me back Charlie and I instantly brought her out of the bag, holding her in my lap.

"Hey baby, are you okay?"

She purred and cuddled closer to me making me smile. Niall reached over and grabbed her from me, making me frown. She instantly cuddled up to him and he laughed, petting her.

"She's probably one of the cutest cats I have ever seen."

"Yeah well she's mine so paws off."

His eyes widened and he laughed.

"Well damn. Someone's protective of their pussy."

I rolled my eyes and snatched her back up.

"Ha ha, very funny Horan."

"What? No more pop star?"

I looked down and started playing with the ring on my finger.

"No, it just doesn't feel right."

He sighed and looked out the window muttering something under his breath. I rolled my eyes and pulled his shoulder back, making him look at me.

"What was that?"

He angrily pulled out of my hold, looking back out the window.

"Nothing Tessa."

I looked down at Charlie who was already staring back at me. This was going to be, interesting.