Chapter 4

“Tessa Riley.”

The guy behind the desk smiled up at me.

“You should’ve heard Niall describe you. He just kept using the word gorgeous over and over again.”

He chuckled and handed me the backstage passes.

“He said to bring you back as soon as you got here so I’ll show you where to go.”

Austin shook his head and looked over at me.

“I still can’t believe you have a thing with someone from One Direction…”

Girls glared at me and whispered to their friends and I know they had heard everything the worker and my brother had said. I looked down at the ground, shuffling my feet.

I tried to ignore their judgmental stares but it was hard since they were everywhere. Austin noticed my discomfort and wrapped his arms around me, guiding me through the crowds of people.

“Don’t worry Tess, they’re just jealous.”

I nodded and looked up at him, smiling as best I could. He sighed and glared at the girls around us.

“I hate how you’re like this, so insecure. You’re one of the prettiest girls I know and Niall seems to think that as well. Why can’t you just realize that?”

I shrugged and kept my gaze on the floor. He sighed once again and no doubt ran his fingers through his hair. It was something he did mostly when he was frustrated.

We were led to a door and the guy turned around and smiled.

“I don’t know exactly where Niall is back there but I’m sure you’ll find him. If you wear those passes I don’t think you’ll have any problems with security and knowing Niall, everybody back there probably knows about you by now.”

I rolled my eyes knowing he was right but couldn’t help but blush knowing how excited Niall was to see me. Austin threw his arm around my shoulder and looked down at me winking.

“Let’s do this.”

He pushed the door open and nodded a thank you to the worker who scurried back to his job. Behind the door was complete chaos. Everyone was rushing around, busy at work.

“We should probably find their dressing rooms, yeah?”

Austin nodded and started maneuvering our way through all the people scurrying by. Sooner or later we found a door marked ‘One Direction Dressing Room’. We decided to knock first, not knowing what was going on back there. When no one answered, I reached for my phone deciding to just call Niall and ask where he was.

I dialed his number and put the phone to my ear waiting for his Irish accent to burst my ear drum. When no one answered I sighed putting my phone back in my pocket. I looked up at Austin and he shrugged.

“Better keep looking then, right?”

I nodded and we walked off, trying to find out where this crazy Irish kid was hiding. After about ten minutes of looking I stopped walking and looked up at Austin.

“This is pointless, he could be anywhere.”

Austin looked over at me a smirk evident on his face.

“What?”

Before I could push him farther into why he had that look, arms wrapped around my waist and a heavenly scent filled my nose.

“Tess!”

A smile grew on my face and I was no doubt blushing once again.

“You seriously have to stop making me blush, Ni.”