Chapter 1

I looked at my phone and smiled, finally content with the collage I had made. I looked over all the pictures one last time before posting it on Instagram. I smiled when I saw the picture I had taken with my friend, Amy when we had first arrived at the arena, the smiles on our face bigger than I have ever seen before.

My heart stopped beating when I saw the picture I had taken of Harry while he was pointing at me singing. I couldn’t control my laughter when I skimmed over the picture of me and Amy I had taken when we were eating. We had spoons hanging off our noses and were sticking our tongues out.  I took a moment to stare at the picture of Niall that I had put in the top right corner. I had taken it in the middle of his solo in little things. His face is breaking out in a grin and the sparkle in his beautiful blue orbs is hard to miss.

I reread my caption before hitting post and waiting for my likes to rack up. I don’t know about you guys but I love just waiting and watching as the likes grow. I try to see if I can keep the number of likes up with the minutes posted. A while later I have about 30 likes, my usual number and look at the picture one last time before exiting out of instagram.

Thank you for the best night of my life. @harrystyles @NiallOfficial

I threw my phone on my bed and walked downstairs to find my brother Austin in the kitchen.

“Cousins are coming over tonight. Mom wanted me to tell you.”

I nodded and opened the fridge reaching for the iced tea. I smiled remembering the song I had found I wanted to show Austin.

“I found this really cool song the other day; let me go get my phone real quick and I’ll show you.”

He nodded and smiled while I jogged up the stairs to my room. I grabbed my phone quickly and ran downstairs knowing how rare it was for my brother to be home. I didn’t want to waste any time. When I entered the kitchen I frowned, seeing him on the phone grabbing his keys.

“Aw that’s sick; I’ll be there in a half hour. Don’t you dare go without me.”

He hung up and looked at me. He realized he had blew me off once again and sighed.

“Tess…”

“No, its fine I get it. Don’t want to keep your friends waiting. I’ll just show you when you get back, its okay.”

“Tess, I’m sorry it’s just something came up at college and Alex needs me there.”

“But States 3 hours away! You have to be back by tonight for the cousins!”

“I’m not coming home tonight, you can handle them.”

“Whatever.”

I walked out of the kitchen finally understanding what he meant by something came up. It was a party and he couldn’t miss it for anything. He was never home anymore because of college and whenever he was home he would just go partying all the time. We used to be so close and now I barely see him.

I blinked back my tears and looked at my phone seeing I got way more likes than usual. I clicked on instagram and my breath caught in my throat seeing as I had 300 likes on that picture. The highest I’ve ever gotten was 76 and that was only because it was my birthday.

I examined the picture wondering why I had gotten so many likes and I wanted to throw myself off a building when I found out. Niall fucking Horan commented on my picture. My eyes widened and I threw my phone on the ground not believing it at first.

I rubbed my eyes and slapped myself a few times before picking it up again. I let out a mix of what sounded like a dying cat and a screaming goat. I blinked and read the comment smiling at the end.