Chapter 22

I dropped my bag on the couch and strolled into the kitchen to find my mom making dinner. I walked over to her and she noticed my presence, smiling over at me.

"How was school?"

"You know, the usual, complete shit. Need any help with dinner?"

"That would be lovely."

I smiled at her and grabbed the pasta, pouring it in the pot.

"Niall said he can come stay with us. I meant to tell you yesterday but you didn't get home until late."

"And that's next week right? The premiere is this weekend, am I correct?"

I nodded and she smiled at me, stirring the noodles.

"We're going to have a famous person stay at our house, Tess! This is amazing."

"He's also my boyfriend so it's no big deal."

She stopped stirring the noodles and looked over at me, eyes wide.

"I thought you two were just friends?! Well at least before you stayed with him you were. When did he ask you?! Oh my god, this is incredible!"

I blushed at my mom who was way too excited about this.

"It was a few days after I got there and he took me on a date to this thing called the London Eye and-."

"THE LONDON EYE!?! HE FUCKING ASKED YOU OUT ON THE LONDON EYE?!"

"You act like it's the Eiffel tower or something. I didn't even know what the London eye was until he told me."

She rolled her eyes at me and scoffed obviously unimpressed I didn't know what the London Eye was.

"Anyways we were at the top and he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"AND YOU SAID YES?!"

"No mom, of course not, I said no but somehow he's my boyfriend anyways."

My mom glared at me and turned the stove off, meaning the pasta was done.

"I didn't need the sass. It was just a question."

I laughed and grabbed two plates, setting them on the table. We immediately started eating and all discussion about Niall was on hold. I took a sip of water and my mom decided to bring it back up.

"So have you guys fucked?"

The water shot down my throat and I started coughing. When I finally could breathe properly I glared at my mom.

"What's up with you asking such blunt questions whenever someone is drinking?"

"It was a simple question. You guys are dating, he's twenty, and you were at an apartment alone for a week. I mean, it's a reasonable question to ask in this situation."

"No Mom, we haven't, God, why can't you be a normal mom?"

"A normal mom wouldn't have even let you go so be grateful."

"Technically Dad let me go because he bought the ticket."

"Yeah but I wouldn't have let him buy the ticket if I didn't agree with it."

I nodded in agreement and finished dinner, clearing my plate. I walked back over to my bag which I dropped by the couch and grabbed my phone out, seeing a text from Niall.

Face time?

I quickly face timed him and smiled when it finally connected.