29//Confession

"Zayn?"

I said as I brush off the hurtful feeling I feel at the pit of my stomach when I spot Barbara.

"Hey beauty." He says in his thick accent that I miss oh so much.
"Oh my gosh, its been so long! I've been worried sick about you! Why haven't you called." I attacked him in a hug.

"M'sorry babe. You know Barbra right?" I pull away and and make eye contact with her.

"Yeah, we had a um a show together. Good to see you again. You look beautiful." I compliment.

"Isn't she?" Zayn states back and kiss her forehead and Barbara lace her fingers to his. Seeing them together in person making me feel a little a nauseous. I won't admit to anything. I'm just happy to see him happy, what me and Zayn had was brief and it was too messy. He deserves someone.

"I'll go get you guys some drinks." I move over to the bar. As I order them their drinks I feel someone beside me. I was right because Zayn was standing there with a smirk.
"Whats with the smirk?" I say as I roll my eyes.

"You look amazing tonight." He mumbles and I thank him quietly.
"How are you doing with Barbara? How did that even happen?"

"It just did. We're not anything though, just going with the flow and see where it takes us."

"Thats great. Isn't that what we did?" I suddenly blurted.
"Um yeah? But we were friends before all of that, we didn't wanna ruin anything."

"Oh so when you said we should remain friends for a minute and we work on ourselves first that was just to get me to shut up?" I know I shouldn't be bringing this up but I just had to know. There is still a small part of me that wants us to be back like how things were, minus the arguing.

"Bella, its not that. I think it was for the best. I mean less stress on us right?"

"Mhm!" I nod and try to keep a straight face. "Hey you better get those back to Barbara."

"Yeah you right." He grabs there drinks and walks back to her.

I watch as he gives her a peck on the lips and I start imagining what could be.
"Hey you are alright?" I jump at the sound of Chanel's voice.
"Yeah, I just need a change." I rub my face with both my hands.
"About that, I've got signed to this french movie." She starts.
"Oh my gosh! Thats amazing, I'm happy for  you." I wrap my arms around her

"Thanks, the movie is shot in Paris and I'll be in Paris for half the year. You're welcome to come if you like?" My eyes bulge out, Paris? Thats actually a good idea though. Six months away is what I need.
"Can I get back with you on that?"

"Of course, I leave in four days. I wanna get head start on housing and stuff, so lemme know."  She says and moves on back to the dance floor.

***

"Well I guess its just us two. Alyssa went home with your brother." I give him a disgusted look before speaking.
"I guess its just us tonight then, probably for a while. Everyone is coupling up." Ever since, its has just been me, Johnny and Alyssa just like in high school. I'm at his house right now on the couch while Mean Girls is playing in the back round.

"Like Zayn and Barbara?" I nod my head at that. "You know you can talk to me B."

"I just thought after I worked on myself, and he did too, he'd wanna be with me." I admit, my eyes get glassy. "But its whatever."

"You love him." It wasn't a a question, more like a statement. I need to stop fighting it. If I wanna start fresh I have to start admitting things.

"Yeah, I do." He gave be smile and pull me into a hug. "Ok enough with the sympathy, lets talk about you. Its been a while since you've dated."

His face turned red and a knowing look. "Oh gotta girlfriend! Who?"

He rolls his eyes and backs up on the couch. "Um-uh you don't know her."

"First off, you are a terrible liar. And second I'm only cool with two girls. Alyssa but shes with Aaron and my S-" I stop in realization. I turn grab the first thing thats behind me which is the pillow and hit him with it.
"Ow! What the hell!"

"What the hell? Why didn't guys tell me?"

"We were afraid you were gonna be upset, she wanted to tell you but was waiting for the right time."
"Johnny its fine, my sister is a grown women, she can date whoever she wants, and lets just add her to the list of siblings thats dating my friends. Just if you break her heart. I'll break your dick."

"Ouch, wait where are you going?" He says as I stand up and grab my purse.

"I want my sister to tell me herself that you guys are dating. Let us hear her say it. Common!" I grab his arm.

"Oh god."
_________

(A/N One more chapter left then an epilogue. Thanks for 1k reads. I will be writing another Zayn fanfic after this one is finish idk when I will publish it but make sure you're following me to get the notification so you'll be notified. Also please check out Amnesiac by intellects if I haven't already told you so. Its a Zayn fanfic and its amazing, she updates everyday by the way, its almost completed. Ok bye for now.)