33 (nick's pov)

I watched Demi as she sang, playing the piano softly. She looked like she was about to cry, and I prayed to God she wouldn't. Nothing is worse then seeing a girl cry right in front of you, or hearing it over the phone, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I hated this song, but loved it at the same time. I very well knew it was about me, but Demi also told me once our relationship was over for a good period of time. I listened to the lyrics a good amount of time, really letting them sink in. I know I hurt her, I knew from the minute I saw the hurt in her eyes when I told her we were done. I could just see her heart slowly breaking.

Every time I faked it when I told her I loved her those couple weeks before I finally broke it off, it killed me. When the song was finished, Demi put her head down for a moment before lifting it back up and glancing at me with a big smile on her face.

I returned it, then we exited the stage and she immediately hugged me. I was surprised, but accepted it.

"I still care about you Nick. I care about you so much." She mumbled into my shoulder. I gulped.

"I care about you too Dems." I let her out of my embrace before feelings for her came flooding back. I told her I'd see her at our seats and then we went to our separate dressing rooms. I changed out of the outfit of the performance, and into the suit I came to the show in.

I opened my phone, seeing a text from my fiancé. I read it, panic filling me.

Cassidy: I'm sorry. You just seem so happy with her, the way you look at her, the way you smile at her. Maybe you aren't for me Nick.

No. No. No. This could not be happening to me. I shoved my phone into my pocket and walked as calmly as possible back to my seat, thankful that Demi wasn't there yet. Cassidy's seat was empty, and so I went to look for her. I checked outside really quick, but she was nowhere to be found. Where on earth could she have gone?

I tried calling her numerous times. While I was at the show, and on my way home. She had to have called a cab. When I pulled into the garage and closed it up, I went into the house. I walked upstairs to our room right away, and saw my fiancé, a mess on the floor.

Tears were streaming down her face, and they didn't show any sign of stopping soon. Makeup was running her face, and she had pajamas on. Cardboard boxes sat in front of her outspread legs, as well as packaging tape. I could already see some of her things in a box or two.

"Cass..." I said, feeling like I didn't have much breath to speak. She turned her neck to look at me, still crying. This was breaking my heart.

"Just go. I'll be out of here by tomorrow. I don't want to make this any harder."

"What are you talking about?"

"This! Us! It isn't working! I see the way you look at her, and I just don't think you're the guy for me Nick. I really don't, I thought I did, and I am so sorry."

It felt like someone stabbed a knife into my heart and just continued to twist around and around. I felt like I couldn't breathe, like the world was crashing around me slowly. And there was nothing I could do to stop it.

--