4

I tried not to think about how much I missed my boyfriend. Maybe if I didn't think about it as much, I wouldn't miss him as much. I peered in the rearview mirror, Sebastian reading a book. At least he's keeping himself busy.

"Auntie, when can I go home?" He asked me, and I bit my bottom lip. I wasn't too sure.

"I'll call mommy today and ask. How does that sound?" I said to him, pulling into the parking lot of Hillview Elementary School. I work at the high school, which is about a mile away.

"Okay!"

"Do you need me to walk you in?" I put the car in park, turning to look back at him. He shook his head no.

"Alright. Mommy or I will be here to pick you up after school, okay baby? Have a great day. I love you." I smiled sweetly at my nephew and he leaned forward, kissing my cheek. Sebastian said goodbye to me then hopped out of the car.

I waited until I knew he got inside, then drove to work myself. My phone started to buzz in the center console, and I glanced down at it. It was Nick. I answered his FaceTime call, the camera at a terrible angle of my face.

"Hi baby." Nick said, but I couldn't see what he was doing, since I was driving.

"Hey."

"You driving?"

"Yeah. I just dropped Sebastian off at school. Victoria and Ryan had a family emergency, so I had the little monster last night. And maybe tonight too, I'm not sure. I need to get ahold of her." I put on my blinker, turning into the employee parking and parked my car in a respectable spot.

I gathered my bags and held the phone in my hand, closing the door with my elbow. I had a coffee in my hand, and I was nervous about possibly dropping it. I got into the school, with the aid of a student holding the door open for me.

"Yikes. Well, my flight has been cancelled, so I won't be coming home tonight baby. I am so sorry." His face became sad, and I became sad as well. I was so excited and ready for him to be home after a few days of not seeing him. I desperately wanted to kiss him, and hold him, and hug him.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" I sighed, finally getting to my classroom and carefully unlocking the door, putting the keys in my mouth quickly to open the door. After finally setting all my things down at my desk, I switched on all the lights, Nick still on my phone screen.

"Hopefully. How've you been these past few days? I know we haven't talked much." He said to me, that slight pout in his lip that I loved so much. As I waited for my computer to power up, I answered.

"Good. I've missed you a lot. We should have a date night when you get home babe." I gave my best smile in the camera. But he chewed at his bottom lip. That can't be good.

"We'll see. I know I'll have to leave soon again once I get home. But, good news." A smile spread across his face.

"Hm?" I set the phone against a picture on my desk, propping it up, and getting the morning bell work on the board for my first period class.

"So....summer break is coming up for you, right," I nodded.

"And I'm going on tour in about two months, and summer starts about a week after I go to start the tour."

I already knew where he was going with this. I had to keep from screaming at the top of my lungs with excitement.

"You really mean I'll be able to come with you?" I asked him, my heart beating rapidly as my excitement rose. My boyfriend nodded into the camera, drinking from what looked to be a plastic hotel cup. I've wanted to travel with him for awhile, but we never could.

"And, you'll be able to be at the meet and greets, the concerts, and of course, the hotel room with me." I laughed as he said the last part.

"Of course not, Mr. Jonas. I'll be staying in my own room." I joked as my first period kids began to file into the room.

"I love you Cassidy." Nick said in the sweetest tone. My heart only melted as I murmured an 'I love you' back to him.

--