20

Over the next month or so, we adopted Delilah officially, and Nick was becoming much more distant. Of course, I understood he just lost his brother, but I was starting to feel like he was deliberately pushing me out of his life all of the sudden. He started sleeping on the couch, and if he did sleep in the bed with me, a pillow was put between us. One night, I finally asked.

"What's up?"

He told me he just needed time. I pointed out the fact that he hasn't even touched me.

"What are you talking about?" He asked me. I looked at him, putting my hands in his.

"When you decide to sleep in our bed, you put a pillow between us. What does that say about our relationship?" He rolled his eyes.

"If you're going through any type of depression-"

"I'm not depressed Cass."

"I'm just-"

"No, you're not just saying. Because once you do that, you're going to go on and on about how I'm not paying enough attention to you and how I need help, blah blah blah." Then I smashed my lips into his, roughly. We were literally going to hate f__k in about five seconds. Everything we did was rough. He grabbed me hard, kissed me hungrily, and tore my clothes, throwing me onto the bed. But I was perfectly okay with it.

"You did that because you felt guilty." I said to him after, getting up and tying my robe around myself.

"What are you talking about? Of course not." He made a 'psh' noise, still breathing rapidly.

"Talk to me when you actually want to have a conversation Nick." I strode out of the room after pulling on skinny jeans and a simple shirt. I grabbed the car keys and went out so I could pick Delilah up from the daycare Ashley and Joe would bring her to. I took a deep breath, walking in the doors and spotting Nick's niece right away.

"Cassidy!" The teacher, Veronica, greeted me with a smile. Of course, she knew the circumstances, so if Delilah had to stay longer, she understood.

"Hey. Is Delilah ready to go?" I folded my hands in front of me. She looked around.

"I'll just go get her." Veronica winked.

I waited and Delilah ran up to me.

"Will I see daddy today?" She asked eagerly, and my heart broke. She still didn't get it, and probably won't for a couple more years.

"I'm sorry, not today sweetheart." I said with regret. I scooped the little girl in my arms and said goodbye to Veronica, bringing her to the car. We didn't say anything the entire way home, and once we got there, Delilah ran to her bedroom right away without even saying hi to Nick.

"Hey." He said to me as I walked passed the living room to get to the deck. I glanced at him quickly before going out to the deck. I stripped to my bra and panties and climbed into the hot tub, not caring about it. I lowered myself into it, letting the hot water soothe my body.

"Is there room for one more?" I heard his deep voice next to me the next second, and I opened my eyes.

"Mm, I'm not sure. I don't really want you in here, sorry." I faked a smile toward him. He gave me a frown, but then an evil smirk came to his lips. I put my brows together as he took off his shirt quickly, hopping in anyway.

"I'm not pushing you away." He said to me softly, his thumb making slow circles on my shoulder.

"I understand what's going on, I get that, and I feel for you. But is there something wrong with me? Since this happened, you don't even want to touch me or look at me."

"What do you call what happened earlier today then?"

"You did that because you were desperate to get me to quit calling you out for it. You know it too." I glared at him.

"So you're pissed at me?" I was silent for a few moments, and I could feel him staring at me. Then he moved a little closer to me.

"You're just too good to be true. I can't take my eyes off of you, you'd be like heaven to touch..." he began to sing my favorite song, 'Can't Take Me Eyes Off You.' He actually has sang this song to me quite a bit, and it makes me smile every time. He continued to sing, coming over and straddling my lap. Nick put my arms around his neck, smiling to me as he sang.

"You're just too good to be true, and I can't take my eyes off of you." Saying the last few words, Nick's lips brushed mine before he kissed me deeply. I dug my nails into his upper back gently, kissing him harder. His lips moved to my neck and I murmured in his ear.

"All I want is you baby."

--