8 (nick's pov)

When Cassidy said yes to my proposal, I was ecstatic. But once we got in the car to go to my parents', she gave me a hesitant look.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, my mother didn't exactly tell me how much she just loved you..." Cass began.

"Actually, she really does not like you. With your past with women-"

"You know that some of that isn't true right? That I would never dream of hurting your or another girl again?" I began to get defensive of myself.

"I know, I know. I defended you. I'm just not sure how she's going to take the news," my eyes travelled to the steering wheel in front of me, and we were both quiet. I heard her shuffling to get closer to me. Cassidy put her hands on my cheeks, looking me in the eyes.

"But I don't care about that. All I care about is that I love you and am ready to marry you, to really have a life with you." My fiancé smiled at me, and I leaned in to kiss her.

"I love you so much." I muttered, smiling.

We spent time at my parents' house for a few hours, including dinner that night, then headed back to our house. Once there, I was absolutely exhausted. Cassidy on the other hand, was hyper as can be.

"Baby, I'm tired," I groaned as she kissed my neck repeatedly. I had to be up the next day for rehearsals of my show here in New Jersey. I had no energy left whatsoever.

"I love you, but I've really got to get some sleep." I chuckled half sarcastic, putting my hands on her shoulders and getting her to look at me. Cass pouted, but did as I asked. She got up to go wash off her makeup, so I put on a t-shirt and pajama pants.

The next morning, I woke up and she wasn't in bed next to me. I immediately went into panic mode, thinking of all the possible places she could be. I got out of bed, looking around the apartment. Then I heard singing in the bathroom. I opened the door slowly, looking at my fiancé singing in front of the mirror, putting on her mascara. She was absolutely drop dead gorgeous.

"Hey sweetheart!" Cassidy said in delight, looking at me in the mirror.

"Morning baby." I yawned before letting myself in the bathroom to pee.

"I have a question." My fiancé said as I was putting my phone on its charger.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Does it bug you that I still post photoshoot pictures? You know, that I do modeling on the side from school?" I thought about it for a second. Of course, I knew coming into this that she'd be posting pictures for her job. Provocative pictures. I shrugged.

"Not really. It's something I have to deal with, but looking at those comments people say...puts me a bit on edge." I tried to make it seem like I was being serious. Cassidy shot me a look, she bought it. I continued getting ready to go to rehearsal.

"Nick, are you messing with me?" Cassidy finally asked, hands on her hips. I just smirked, and she stood by the case that held my electric guitar. She carefully picked it up.

"Cass, be careful." I warned. She put the strap over her shoulder and strummed it over and over, making it really loud. I only smiled and stood next to her. How could I be mad at that?

I took it out of her hands once she was done messing around, and put it back in the case

--
"Another comment!" Cassidy exclaimed as we were in my dressing room, and I was preparing myself for the show. I shook my head and chuckled. She was desperately trying to get on my nerves and tease me, and was it working. I took a few deep breaths, letting my shoulders get loose.

"Ready Nick?" My manager popped in the door, and I nodded. He waited as I kissed Cass on the lips, not wanting to let go.

"Go get em' baby." She murmured. I smiled and she kissed my smile before I jogged out backstage. I did a few push-ups before standing behind the curtains, loosening myself up. I quickly practiced high notes, counting down along with everyone outside.

"Three....two......one." I whispered before the curtains were yanked open and I ran onstage, opening my arms and taking in the sight of all my fans in front of me.

--