21

Today was not a good day for me. I knew why I was crying and frustrated with everyone. Well, I didn't know exactly why, but it's because it's my time of the month. Over the years, I've learned to control it, so if I know that I'll be so angry I can't talk to anyone without wanting to punch them, I simply shut myself in a room. Nick tries to help every single time, but it never works.

"There's nothing I can do?" He asked me, glancing my way, one hand on the wheel.

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry. I just want you to get to LA safely." He pulled into a parking space at the airport and we both got out. Delilah was at daycare today until 5:30 tonight, so I could take Nick to the airport. We walked inside, hand in hand, and went up to the service desk.

"Checking in my luggage." He said to the lady behind the desk. Nick took out his ID as she weighed his suitcase on the scale. It had to be 50 pounds or less. He showed her his ID and she taped an airline tag on his suitcase. I leaned against the desk, my cramps hurting my entire body. I had taken medicine before we left the house, but right now it wasn't helping.

"Thank you so much." Nick offered her a smile before walking a few steps and then turning to me as he put his backpack back on his shoulders.

"Have a safe trip honey. I'll see you in a few days, as long as I find somewhere for Delilah, or maybe I'll take her with. I know you'll do absolutely amazing at all your shows, and everyone is going to love you. Text me when you board and when you land. And when you get to your room of course." I smiled, feeling like I had just rambled on and on. He smiled back, kissing mine softly.

"I love you, and I'll see you in a few days."

"I love you Nick." He gave me one last smile, and as he walked away, I snapped a picture of him on my phone.

I watched him walk away to his gate before turning around and walking out of the airport

I watched him walk away to his gate before turning around and walking out of the airport. I get into the car and drive to get myself for lunch.

"Hey Veronica!" I answered my phone that was connected to the Bluetooth in the car, turning up the volume.

"Hey, Cassidy. So...Delilah is um...well, she's kinda freaking out." Uh oh.

"Why?"

"She wants Nick....and her dad." I sighed, making a U-turn out of the parking lot of a restaurant I was going to go to.

"I'll be there soon, alright? Just tell her everything will be alright and Aunt Cass will be there." I hung up the phone and drove a few miles over the speed limit to get to the daycare. Once I was there, I was overcome with frustration. For no apparent reason. I got out of the car and hurried inside, seeing Delilah crying, holding her stuffed cat.

"Auntie...." She sniffled and held her arms up so I could pick her up. I scooped her in my arms and held onto her, her arms around my neck.

"What's up sweetheart?" I asked her, saying bye to Veronica by mouthing it. I got Delilah in the car and sat there with her for a few minutes. My frustration was getting worse, but I tried to stay calm as possible.

"I miss daddy and Uncle Nicky." She sobs as I buckle her into her car seat. This poor girl. I held her to my chest and kissed the top of her head.

"It's gonna be okay. You and I are going to have an amazing time, won't we honey?" I smiled at her, masking my own pain. I cupped her chin in my hand and the little girl smiled back at me, giggling.

"There's my girl. Now, let's get home." I shut the door and got behind the wheel, starting up the car.

--