28

"I cannot believe that just happened." I said in a low voice to Nick, leaning into him limply. Tears spring from my eyes. It felt like a piece of me was just ripped right out of me. Delilah had decided to go with Clara, but she said she'd take Delilah to visit us sometimes.

"It'll be okay sweetie. She's only six, she can't make executive decisions. It's just what she wanted baby."

"But, no more moping around. How about we go on a date tonight?" I perked up right away. We haven't been out by ourselves in awhile. His eyes lit up.

"Sure, yeah. I'll go make the reservations." He got off the couch and headed to get his phone. I saw him calling the restaurant, so I headed up the stairs to start getting ready. I knew that it was going to take me a good hour. I went into my closet and picked out a slim fitting, black dress.

I set it out on the bed, and went into the bathroom to start on my makeup

I set it out on the bed, and went into the bathroom to start on my makeup. I leaned over the counter, and began putting foundation on my face. A half hour later, I finally had all of my makeup finished, except for the lipstick, which I wasn't sure if I was going to put any on.

I walked into our bedroom, seeing Nick changing as well. Damn he looked good. I whistled at him, smirking. He turned around to look at me, his dress shirt halfway buttoned.

"You're gonna look so hot in that dress babe." He commented, and I felt my cheeks get warm. I quickly took it off the hanger, stripped from my sweatpants and sports bra, and wiggled into the tiny dress. Once on, I twirled around for him.

"Oh look, I was right." He smirked and came over to kiss me quickly. God I loved him.

An hour later, and a limo came to pick us up for dinner. We sat in the back of it, enjoying the ride. This the most relaxed I've felt in about two weeks. When the limo pulled up to the restaurant, paparazzi flooded all around us. We pushed our way through them. For once, they actually gave me compliments. I smiled at every one of them, but didn't look up once.

Nick pulled out my chair and pushed it for me before sitting across the table. We got our menus and began to have a magical evening.

"I think I'm ready to marry you Cassidy. Like, I'm really ready." He grabbed my hands in his, and a smile spread across my face.

"I've been waiting so long to hear you say that."

"And I'm sorry it took so long. I don't ever want to lose you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Holding you, kissing you, loving you. I love you so much Cassidy Lane." He gave me a soft smile. Tears spring in my eyes once again. But this time, they're happy tears. Overjoyed tears.

--