13

When it was time for us to leave, Nick and I had said only a few words to one another. On the plane, we didn't speak. I had fallen asleep halfway through the flight.

"Cass, we're home." Nick said to me, kissing my cheek quickly. 

"Alright." I murmured, hearing the plane land but keeping my eyes closed. When we got off the plane and into the airport, it felt like it was really late at night. When really, it's about four in the morning.

"I'll go get our bags." Nick says to me, going over to the baggage claim waiting for our luggage to come. I was still sleepy, so I leaned against the wall, closing my eyes for a couple minutes. I still had to be to work today by seven thirty at the latest.

"Ready to go?" I asked as he handed me my suitcase. Nick nodded and we made our way out to our car. I put my bags in the backseat, getting in the passenger seat and falling asleep once again.

When we got home, I put off unpacking. That was my least favorite part about vacation, having to unpack my suitcase. Nick climbed into our bed right away, falling asleep quickly. I looked on as he slept soundly, and smiled.

Maybe I was ready to forgive him, let him tell his side of the story. I got ready for the day, starting with taking a shower that was much needed. After, I dried my body off and put my wet hair up in a high bun atop my head. I looked in the mirror, seeing sleepiness in my face still.

I got my makeup from my suitcase, carefully doing it so I didn't wake my fiancé up. I got on my makeup in about ten minutes, then began to blow dry my hair and style it. I then got on a pencil skirt and baby blue blouse. One of the looks I got to keep from a photoshoot a few months ago. After I was ready for work, it was six, and still dark outside. But it was getting lighter.

I walked over to Nick's side of the bed, leaning down and kissing behind his ear, whispering to him.

"I love you baby." I was willing to forgive and forget. It may take a little bit, but I love him enough to do so. He hugged his pillow under his head, letting out a tired sigh. I smiled and went out to the kitchen, making myself a cup of coffee and an English muffin.

When I left for work, Nick was still sleeping. I peered into the bedroom before I left, seeing him laying on his stomach and snoring. I closed the bedroom door, grabbing my purse and keys, driving to school.

I had gotten to school twenty minutes before it was supposed to start. I straightened up the room and got the notes up on the board for my first period class. Once the announcements came on the loudspeaker, we all stood up and said the Pledge of Allegiance. Then I thought of what I had been hiding from Nick for the past week or so. I shot him a text quickly.

Cassidy: I gotta talk to you after work.

--