10

Nick and I arrived in New York that Friday night right after dinner. We took his private plane and we were staying there until Sunday night.

He got this amazing hotel room for us, and it was called the honeymoon suite. I had to giggle when he said that, the room was absolutely enormous. When we got there, it was getting to be evening out and all the lights in the city were on. It was a sight to see.

"You know, there's only a few more hours left of your birthday baby

"You know, there's only a few more hours left of your birthday baby." He smirked sitting in bed next to me. He hovered over me, leaning down to kiss me. We made our way under the sheets, hoping no one would knock on the door.

When I woke up the next morning, I was tightly in his arms and my cheek was against his wrist. I picked up my head groggily, and I felt his face against my back. I could feel him kiss my skin over and over again, sending chills through my body instantly. A 'mm' noise escaped my lips and I let him pepper my back with kisses.

"Morning." I yawned, giggling. I stretched my arms and he let go of me, yawning himself. Suddenly, his phone began ringing loudly. He answered it, sitting up in the bed.

"Are you okay?....alright, just calm down. Don't do anything stupid....I'll be there soon. See you in a minute. Love you." When he said those last two words, I shot up in bed. I propped up on my forearms, slanting my eyes at him. He hung up, falling back into the bed.

"Love you? Who were you talking to?" I tried not to be too mad. His eyes widened.

"Demi. She's in a bit of a situation and I need to get to her apartment, luckily I was here. I'll be back soon, just don't leave."

"I'm coming with you."

"I'm not sure that's-"

"Nick, I am coming with you. No if, ands, or buts about it." I got up, putting on jeans and a loose fitting t-shirt. I slipped on knee high boots and a scarf, along with my jacket. Nick got dressed too, leading me out the door and into a cab.

"Alright, let's go." Nick knocked on Demi's apartment door, but let himself in after a few moments. I heard crying and my fiancé went into the next room slowly. I peered around the corner. She was in a heap on the floor, crying her eyes out, and a bottle of vodka was next to her.

"Dems." Nick muttered, sitting down next to her and wrapping his arms around her. It made me sick to see it, but I knew he was only trying to help her.

"I hate myself so, so much." Demi said through her tears, her voice cracking. His lips landed on the side of her head and I cringed. He was my man, and this was happening right in front of me. Then I saw a bed, and thinking of them having been in that bed together at one point made me queasy.

Nick said things to her, and I tuned most of it out, watching as she began to calm down. I stood there awkwardly. As far as I knew, she was his best friend so he'd be at her side at one little sign something was off with her. I had to learn to deal with it, but it was hard.

After he had calmed her down and offered to take her to breakfast with us, I had said something to him once she went to the bathroom in the restaurant.

"There's still something there, isn't there?" I was on the brink of tears.