11 (nick's pov)

"No. She's my friend Cass, it's my job to-" just then Demi came back to the table. She sat next to me in the booth, thanking me.

"I've been feeling so horrible. I needed a friend." My ex put her head on my shoulder, and all the past feelings came surging back. It felt just how it did when we were dating. When we went to dinner or lunch, she'd insist on sitting next to me, snuggling into my side as we talked and talked.

The waitress came and took all of our orders. I was thankful that Cass had asked to talk to me before I began getting too attached to Demi with my fiancé sitting across from us.

"I would love to believe I can trust you." Cassidy said to me as we stood by the restrooms, taking on a hushed tone.

"You can. Nothing is going to happen. I love you. I'm all yours sweetheart." I kissed her sweetly, hoping that'd be enough of an apology. We made our way back to the table, and I sat next to Cass throughout the rest of breakfast.

"How about you go back to the hotel and get ready for today? I'm going to make sure Demi doesn't do anything dumb and I'll be back in say a half hour." I said after breakfast. Cassidy put her arms around my middle, smiling.

"You're such a great person Nick. I love you, be safe sweetie." She smiled widely and she whistled for her own cab, and I got one for Demi and I. By the time we got to her apartment, she'd pulled me back in.

"Anything you want to talk about Nick?" My ex girlfriend asked, sitting next to me on her couch. I took a drink of water, nodding.

"I'm engaged to Cassidy. But, I don't know if I'm completely ready to get married. I mean, I love her with everything I have, but am I really ready for that commitment?" I was pouring my heart out to her, and I knew I could trust her.

"Whatever your heart is telling you Nick, follow it."

What I did next, that's what my heart wanted me to do. Or maybe I was acting on impulse. I kissed her quickly, my lips smashing into hers and her hands struggled to unbutton my jeans. Once she did, I halfway snapped out of it, but I had wanted more of her. We were so close to actually having sex until my phone blasted my fiancé's ringtone. My lips brushed Demi's, and we both breathed heavily. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Nick, you okay? You're breathing kinda heavy."

"Yeah, I'm fine. What's up baby?"

"When are you coming? It's been twenty five minutes now baby."

"I'm just getting ready to leave. Be there soon, love you." I hung up, my eyes locking on my ex girlfriend's. She bit her bottom lip, turning me on even more. This could not be happening, but it was.

"I'm so sorry Nick, if it's something I did-"

"It was my fault. I was the one who kissed you, I'm sorry Dems. But we cannot tell Cassidy about this. At all." I said, putting my jacket back on.

"I know, I know. But, I do feel better." She smirked at me.

"I'm glad. I'm sorry again Demi." I said and I walked out the door, feeling enormously guilty.

--