14 (nick's pov)

When I read that text from Cass, I was immediately alarmed. I went about my day, making my way over to Joe's house. His wife, Ashley, greeted me at the door, and their daughter came running up to me.

"Uncle Nicky!" She jumped into my arms and I smiled at her.

"Hi princess. Have you been good?" I raised me eyebrow at her.

"She's been terrorizing Joe and myself all morning. Come on in Nick." Ashley took her daughter and put her at her hip. I closed the door and made my way into the kitchen, seeing my brother sitting at the table on his laptop.

"Hey bro." I said. Joe looked up at me, smiling. He also looked like he hadn't slept in a couple of days.

"What's up man?" I sat at the table by him, folding my hands in front of me.

"I messed up man. I almost f*cked Demi the other day." He looked at me, wide-eyed, and began laughing like crazy. My brother waved to his wife, meaning for her to take their daughter in the next room so we could talk.

"How the hell did you get into that mess?"

"I brought Cass to New York for her birthday. Then on Saturday, Demi called me saying that she needed someone. When I got to her apartment, she was an absolute mess. I offered to take her to breakfast with Cass and I, and so she came. After, I brought Demi back to her place so she didn't do anything stupid, Cassidy went back to our hotel to change. Since Demi and I dated, she knew how to pull me in. I got in over my head and before I knew it, I was over her on the couch."

My older brother only looked at me, speechless. I pressed my lips together, thinking of how stupid that sounded.

"Wow man. Does she forgive you?"

"I think so? She seemed fine once we got home this morning, but you can never be too careful. Plus, her mom is freaking out about her being with me because...you know, my past relationships. But she texted me, saying that we needed to talk after she done with work."

"Any idea what she wants?" He got up to get a drink out of the fridge. He handed me a Diet Coke, opening his own as well. I took a drink before replying.

"Not sure. That's what scares me." Joe nodded and looked to be thinking.

"Uncle Nicky!" Delilah came running into the kitchen, holding a piece of paper. She handed it to me.

"Woah!" I said, in partially fake surprise. Her eyes sparkled.

"It's you and me!"

"I love it princess. I'll put it on my fridge, how does that sound?" I asked her, and she nodded. Delilah ran back by Ashley and I put the drawing on the table in front of me, staring at it.

"You know, that girl totally believes you hung the moon." My older brother says to me. I was shocked. He chuckled at me.

"Well then."

"She actually told me she wanted to live with you at one point." That little girl is crazy.

"She's crazy. But, I mean, I am pretty great. I was always the favorite out of the three of us." I smirked and Joe busted out laughing. I went and said goodbye to Ashley, giving her a hug.

"Do you have to go uncle?" Delilah pouted and I crouched down to be at eye level with my five year old niece.

"Yeah. But, you can come visit me whenever you want princess." I smiled, kissing her cheek and waving.

"See ya man." Joe gave me a hug.

"See you later. Take care of those two in there." I winked before driving back home.

A few hours later, and Cassidy was home. I was watching tv and she came in the door, her heels clicking against the tile flooring.

"Hey baby." I got off the couch, going in to kiss her. She obliged, kissing me back. I put my hands on her sides, squeezing her. She pulled her lips off of mine, looking into my eyes.

"About what I wanted to talk to you about...."

"Let's go sit to talk about it." I took her hand and led her into our room, sitting on the bed. Cass slid her shoes off, and put her legs under her, sitting on her knees.

"This is really hard. It's still really hard for me to deal with, and I've known for a little over a week." Cassidy put her hands on my shoulders, and I prepared myself from what I was about to be told.

"Alright."

"I can't.....have kids Nick." My breath caught at my throat, and tears were building up in her eyes. The amount of sympathy I felt for her was outrageous.

"I am so sorry baby." I pulled her into my chest as she sobbed uncontrollably.

--