Thoughts When You're Alone

Începe de la început

I slowly look around as I walk into the building more. First I decide to visit the convenient store. I walk into the welcoming store and make my way to the left end where the magazines are. I approach the celebrity section and pick up the magazine with my friends on it.

It was released sometime this morning and I smile slightly as I look at the front. I remember I was interviewed for the magazine with Hayes. I open the magazine and look at pictures of me and Hayes. The guys are in here too. I look through the pages not realizing how much time has past when I notice someone beside me. I look beside me to see Jacob with a small smile.

"Didn't need to use the restroom?" I shake my head. Jacob looks down at the magazine. "Ah... you found it."

"Yup." I think back to how much fun it was with Hayes and the boys.

"You don't seem very enthusiastic about it."

"Just... having a bad day," I say softly. There's a shift beside me.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Hayes is mad at me."

"What did you do?"

"I was trying to be playful and surprise him with the great news. Instead the plan completely backfired."

"Oh. Maybe he's just in a grumpy mood or was stressed for the game. I'm sure it will pass through. You two will be cuddling by later tonight." I nod feeling a prang of pain. I know he won't because this has been going on for a few months now. When he's like this with me, I always pretend we're okay for everyone else. Everyone thinks we're the perfect couple.

"Maybe," I say steadily. Jacob smiles and takes the magazine from me.

"I'm going to get this for you so we can get something to eat."

"You're the best." His smile widens and he brings me to the front of the store. He wraps an arm around my shoulder as we make our way.

•Hayes Grier•

"That is so funny," I laugh and the team is laughing along with me. We are all seated in Nigel's back yard having a bonfire. I'm in my swim trunks, taking a break from the water. We are all seated on the grass by the pool.

"Yeah, then the girl just completely vomited on him. Like if you're that nervous maybe you shouldn't be talking to him," Ethan chuckles and I roll my eyes slightly.

Ethan Dolan. The one who supposedly hates my girlfriend. Ethan and I are currently not on the best of terms. We have to tolerate each other since we're on the same team and going to the same school. I shake my head. Scary thought. He tried to break my arm when he got back for leaving him alone on the three week trip. I wasn't going to leave Charlotte in the condition she was in.

Char... anger immediately radiates through my body and I sigh. I'm not really sure with her. I don't think it was the best idea for her to move into the apartment with Nash, Cam, Jacob and I. It was great at first, but now... it's different. I don't get my sleep, I gave up hanging out with my friends for the first several months and I was beginning to come late to practices. I had to change for everything to become normal for me. I feel like she doesn't get that I had sacrificed a lot for her and she seems clingy, but that is probably because she lives with us.

I need space. That is why, I make time to hangout with my teammates, go to team gatherings and distance myself a little in school. At first Nash was getting upset that I wasn't helping her out and I was. It started to become overwhelming and that's when I would get annoyed and mad.

No one understands that I'm doing this and that.

'oh Hayes, you should go home and check on Char.'