Chapter 3-Part 6

When she opened her eyes after screaming, she was horrified to see wolves!

At least a hundred of them were coming down over the small hill.  Literally onto her front yard. These must be the rogues that everyone was so worried about.

She spotted her Father and the Beta holding the front line.  Many of the other high ranking wolves were there.  She spotted Olive's Dad just behind the Beta.

This was bad.

How could this have happened?  Especially with all off the Enforcers and Watchers they had.  She took in the scene before her.  

No one was actually fighting yet.  

"Aribella, come with me honey."  She jumped at her Mothers soft voice.

"Come where mom?"  She whispered.

"Are we under attack?"

"Oh no honey!"

Those wolves are not rogues.

They are part of the Lights Grove Pack.  She gently held me by my shoulders as she stepped behind me and started to gently nudge me forward.

"Wait! No Mom!   I dug in my heels and turned to face her.

What's this all about?"

I was annoyed that she looked annoyed.

"Ari we don't have time to get into this right now.  As you see we have guests.

I'll explain everything later okay?"

She gave me a (Please do this for me look).  Again.  This whole Pack ordeal was disrupting my life. Everyone expected me to obey them, yet I was the one that they didn't tell anything to.

Literally the last to know.

I wondered about Charlie.. if she were here what would she say about all of this.

Then again Charlie wasn't real.  Just a figment of my imagination.

Maybe the Alpha was right and I was loosing my mind.  I took in a calming deep breath and looked at my Mother.

"Today I just don't care mom.  All I want to do is go to my room.  I huffed.

I'm sure you guys will ground me, or find another way to torture me.

So I'ma do just that!  I don't care about those other wolves."  I hotly spat.

I didn't give her much of a chance to respond.  I turned and dashed back towards the house.  To the safety of my bedroom, or at least the illusion of it.

I was almost there when I felt strong hands grip my upper arm and yank me back.

"Ow.. I whined."

I turned my head and scowled.

Olive.

The one back stabbing bitch that I never again wanted to see.

Could this day get any worse? I noticed that her hazel eyes seemed more bright today and that I could damn near count each green fleck.

"I have nothing to say to you."

I tried to side step her but she grabbed my arm again.  She was stronger than she ever had been before.

I guess mating and going through the transition does that.  I glared at her harder.  Yeah. I wasn't stupid I had put two and two together. Either way this bitch could f**k off.

"Let me go now."  I sneered.

I shrugged out of her grip and ran the rest of the way to the house.