Chapter 2-Part 3

My whole mood had soured.  I no longer wanted to have fun I just wanted to go home.

I hung back.. hidden from the others.  I saw the bright flames of the bonfire and I heard all of them laughing, undoubtedly  having a great time.

I had told Olive to go on ahead of me and that I would be right there.  I lied and told her that I had to pee.  Sighing I sat down on a huge rock.

Elbows propped on my knees I stared up at the moonless sky.  

This feeling I had of jealousy was so foreign to me.  Olive was my best friend and I pretty much wanted to rip her hair out.  From the root I might add.

Sure I expected her to lean more on the side of me respecting the Alpha.  That was just how she was.  Always showing respect to the leader.  But I couldn't help to think that it might have been her Mother that made her that way.  

Her mother is one of the most beautiful women in the Pack.  It was said that long ago she and my father had a brief fling but that when my Mother arrived in Town, my Father fell for her and chose her over Ina Jackson.

What was all this non sense about  "Being happy to have a family that wields power."

Her Father was the first in command. Second only to the Beta.  That was a very high ranking position.

Then.. there was the Reid thing.

I was angry even still as I thought about it.  She better not make a play for him.  

He's mine.  Well not yet, but she knows how I feel about him.

Olive and I have never mated.  Sure there was tons of males that would love to but we both were hoping to find our true mate.

I remember back when we were fourteen.

"No mating.  Unless he is the one OK Olive?"

I remember how I felt when I said it.

"Gross Ari!  Who the hell wants to mate anyway."

"I do."  I said with a sheepish look on my face.

"Just with my one true love!"

"I think you read to many romance novels Ari.  What if we never find our soul mate?"

"Hmmm, well if we don't.. by... lets say our eighteenth birthdays.

 Then we will go for who we love."

Olive and I shared the same birthday: August 12th.  Soon we would both be eighteen.  I was starting to wonder if she.. would mate.  

Would she try to mate Reid?

Olive had never shown any real interest in any males in the Pack before tonight.  

She always said, "I don't have time for boys."  

Just like me she wanted to be an Actress,

 only she wanted to model also.

A twig snapping scared me and I bolted up off the rock.

Heart racing I scanned the area.  I didn't see anything and assumed it was a small animal.

Suddenly someone grabbed me from the back.

Effortlessly clamping their hand down over my mouth.

"Ari.  Did you know that you are mine?..