Chapter 5-Part 3

It was such a long ride and I was incredibly bored.  

Not just bored but nervous also.  I had all but bitten my nails to the quick.

Sure.  I prided myself in being a hard ass but could I really go through with this?  

Could I really mate and be with a wolf that I had never met?

My insides were rolling at the mere thought of it.  Just who was this guy and why would he even want to mate with me?

Like what if I was ugly?  I smile tugged at the corners of my lips.  Well... of course I was not ugly but what if he was?

I shuttered.  The jack ass better not be!

I hadn't realized that I had dosed off until I heard Alpha Blake telling me that we had arrived.  My first impression was Whoa!

The place was huge.  Maybe even bigger than my family's home.  I knew that he ruled over a lot of territory but damn.

"Great.  Where is your son?  I am so ready to get pregnant."  I rolled my eyes and stretched.

"Aribella.  You will tame your tongue."  

He warned me with a small growl.

I felt my inner femme wolf whining, wanting to obey.  Well f**k that.  

She did, but I did not.  I wished that I could get rid of her.  It would be nice to just have me in control.

I snorted in response to him.

I had told myself that I would not make this easy and dammit I planned on keeping my word.

"You got it!"  I said as I opened the truck door and leapt down to the ground.

He got out and went to the cab of the truck.  Gathering all of my luggage.  I couldn't help but to notice how handsome he was.  How his muscles strained under his tight black tee shirt.

Hmmm.  What if I made a play for him instead?  Oh fun fun!  I licked my lips.

"I would not advise that young one."

I turned and there she was.  A stunning femme wolf.  Her light brown hair fanned her face perfectly.  She was lean and slender and her deep set wide brown eyes held wisdom.

"Huh?"

She tossed me a challenging look.

"You... can hear me?"  I thought.

"Yes."

"But how... You're not supposed to hear me until I am a member of your pact and only then can we mind link.  Right?"  I asked unsure of myself.

"You have much to learn."

I did not like that.  The intrusion of someone in my head.  A stranger at that.  How could one control ones thoughts?  Not think it and it will not appear?

My brows burrowed with frustration.  I wanted to go back home.  I never thought that I would say it but that is what I wanted.

"Aribella this is Luna Blake."

So whatttttt! 

The thought popped into my head before I could will it not to.

"I think that I have much to teach her Alpha Blake.  I can see why she was sent here.  Such an insubordinate thing she is."

"None the less.  He looked at her. She is now our responsibility."

She stood regal.  Confident.  And I was terrified of her.

I was prompted to follow them into the house, ushered into what was to be my new bedroom.  It was boring.  Sterile even and I hated it.

I was left alone to my thoughts and to unpack.  I was happy to be free of them.  Maybe just maybe I would never come out of my room.

I sighed as I slid under the too stiff bed linen. Not understating what was becoming of my life.  Not yet mature enough to realize that it was my own doing that got me into this mess in the first place.