ᴄ ʜ ᴀ ᴘ ᴛ ᴇ ʀ Ձб ☛ ᴅʀɪғᴛɪɴɢ.

Começar do início

I opened my dresser, I pulled out the stuffed animal Joshua gave me. The first time I met him, I was terrified of him. He just kept staring at me, and it made me so uncomfortable. I thought he was crazy or something. Later on, at night time, he came in my room with the small stuffed bear in his hands. He didn't say anything to me, he just..stood there, holding it in his hands. 

Ever since then, we've been kind of..inseparable. 

Hearing my door open, I turned around, Calvin walking into my room. "So you're leaving?" He asked me, watching me place the bear into my bag. I nodded, not saying anything to him. I've noticed that Calvin hasn't been trying to talk to me for a while. I pass by him, he doesn't say anything. Maybe he's gotten the hint that I he makes me feel uncomfortable. But now, with him right there, I'm not really worried. I heard him sigh, "Monroe, look.." Looking at him, he stepped towards me, biting his lip. 

"I'm really sorry, for everything. I know you hate me and all that, and I deserve it. You didn't deserve what I did to you, and I'll regret it for the rest of my life. The reason I'm a Wilt was because I told my parents that I raped you, and they told me to get out, and I did. I'm not really good with apologies, and I know this one's shit, but I really am sorry for that night. I took advantage of your kindness and I'm an asshole for that." 

Looking into his eyes, I felt like he was really sincere about his apology. He couldn't keep eye contact with me though, and his eyes fell toward the floor, where he rocked back and forth. "You don't have to accept it or anything..I just had to get it off of my chest." I gave him a soft smile, and hugged him, which took him by surprise. His heart raced in his chest, and I slowly felt his arms wrap around me. "I accept your apology, Calvin," I looked up at him, and his face was flushed. "Th-Thanks.." 

Pulling away from the hug, I adjusted my bag on my shoulder, leaving out of the room. Joshua was in the hallway, obviously waiting for me. "Joshua.." I called his name softly. His head shot up, and his eyes were filled with sadness, and hurt. He pulled me into a hug, tightly wrapping his arms around me. I tried my best to hold in my tears, but I couldn't help but let a few tears fall. Joshua was my best friend, my brother. He was the person I was most closest to. 

He pulled away, sighing. "I'll miss you," he frowned. I rubbed his hand, "We'll always be best friends, and brother and sister, forever." He smiled lightly, and I walked down the stairs, meeting my "parents" at the bottom. Thomas, Kai and the twins stood there, and they all gave me a big group hug. "I'll miss you," they all said. "I'll miss you too." 

Mary kissed my forehead, and Dad clapped his hands. "Okay, let's get home, baby." We walked out of the house, but I lingered, outside. I took the house in, and took a deep breath. They were already in the car, and I got in the back seat, closing the car door. Dad pulled out of the driveway, and I sunk down in my seat. "Don't look so sweet, pumpkin!" Mom looked back at me, reaching her hand out to touch my cheek. I moved away though, and she frowned. "That's such a pretty flower in your hair, baby girl. Where'd you get it?" Dad asked, looking in the rear view mirror at me. I didn't respond, only staring at him. 

If he thought that we were going to make small talk, he was out of his damn mind. 

I was going to hold a grudge for this, definitely. It would be crazy not to. I didn't want to be anywhere near them, and they were going to know that, too. 

As we came up on the house, we pulled into the driveway, pulling up behind another car in the circular driveway. Getting out of the car, I looked up at the house, sighing. It was kind of like Josiah's house, except that it was smaller than his. Mom took my hand, and squeezed, not letting my hand go. "Welcome home, Princess," she cooed at me, as if I was a small child. I rolled my eyes, and we entered the house, and I noticed that they hadn't changed a thing. The marble floors and counter tops still matched, and the walls were still that honey color. 

"We've redecorated your room. Why don't you have a look?" 

Going up the stairs, I turned left, going to the third door in the hallway. Pushing the door open, there was dozens of shopping bags on the floor from several designers, and it just made me sick. Here they go again, buying my love again. I've never imagined that I would say this, but..

I liked it better when I was poor.

Looking around my room, I went over to the window, pushing the purple curtains aside. Letting some light into the dark room, the moon sparkled in the sky. At least I had a huge window.. Multi-colored polka dots covered the ceiling and wall where my bed was, my bed sheets white and purple. I placed my bags down on the floor, moving the shopping bags over to the wall. I guess I would hang those up, later. 

"So do you like it?" 

Looking at my mother, she smiled at me, leaning in my doorway. I nodded, beginning to unpack my things. "I'll think you'll like it here, with us. Do you want some dinner? Maybe we all can go out-"

"No thanks."

And I slammed the door in her face.