Chapter 47: The Ending

So this is the last chapter of the book!! But be expecting an epilogue- which kinda ties the book together so I'd read it if I were you!  SURPRISE IN THIS CHAPTER:) New book comes out on my birthday (January 8th) SO IM V EXCITED- enjoy
----------------

"Home sweet home huh"

"Sure" I looked around at our messed apartment as Jace and I stood in the doorway.

"Well she hired the right guy, that's for sure"

I sighed and set my bags down on the ground, walking around the mess on the floor and made my way to the kitchen. Everything was slid off the counter, out of place. And boy was I pissed.

Jace watched me with a gentle expression. "Emily- Ill clean everything up don't worry"

"Is this what we deserve?" I picked up papers on the floor and dropped it on the counter. "For being with each other?"

"They caught them now don't worry"

"And were left with the mess- you see why I didn't like Maeve in the first place?"

"The girl can hold a grudge, that's for sure"

"I don't know how you're not upset, look at the place"

He looked over at the living room and sighed. Everything was messed up.

"Well- good thing we don't have anything to do today huh?"

"Mmhm" I picked up the mail that was spread across the wooden kitchen floors and put the small pile on one side of the counter. Blowing a piece of hair out of my face I looked up at Jace "Can you start in the living room? I'll clean in here"

He nodded and walked into the kitchen.

After a couple hours we managed to get everything but the nursery cleaned. As we walked in and looked around, it wasn't as bad as the other rooms. Things were out of the drawers and the crib was tipped over. Like they were looking for something.

"Good thing we don't use this room all the often" Jace bent down and picked up the stuff on the ground, putting it in the drawers and straightening it up.

"We probably should.."

"Yeah" He lifted the crib up.

I walked out of the room and Slid the the blinds open in the living room

The ocean across the street lay under the perfectly settled sun. The rent was high, but it was all worth it for the view.

"Em Maisy's at your moms?"

"Yeah, I figured while we cleaned up I'd drop her off, their house is a little closer than yours- we should probably go get her though"

I heard the noise of his keys dangle from the kitchen

"Give me a minute then we'll go"

I nodded, grabbing my coat.

**
"Hey mom"

"Hi honey"

"We came by to pick up Maisy"

"Oh- your dad is washing her up. Do you guys want to stay for dinner?"

I looked over at Jace

"What ever you wanna do" He placed his hand on my lower back