thirteen

Sometimes, it was okay to cry.

Sometimes, it felt good to scream, let it out.

But sometimes, it was the most uncontrolled act you could possibly fashion.

The most uncomfortable act you could possibly fashion.

It was an off day and I was stressed. My parents had been packing since seven o'clock this morning, pressing to see what I had packed yet.

Nothing.

Our flight was nearing less then twenty four hours, and I had nothing. For no other reason then I didnt have the motivation to do it.

I knew something was off the minute I woke up. For whatever reason, I just had that feeling. The feeling that something was not going to go right. That I wasn't going to make it through the day without a stresser.

I watch my phone illuminate in notifications. A text message catching my attention.

I shift my eyes from a spot on the ceiling, dry from a lack of movement. Peeling myself from my space on my bed, I pull my phone up to my face. Reading his text message.

Once again, it was the first one within a few days. And this time, he didn't have a valid excuse.

hey em

hey em

can you come over?
Read 1:32pm

1:46pm
why

i want to see you

and, we need to talk

why cant you come over
here?

are your parents home?

yes..?

no, come over here

okay?

i'll be there in 10

|x•x|

I take my time over there, letting my parents know where I was going; and why. The why that I didn't know of.

I take my car over, my body to tired to walk the two miles around the block.

I knock on his door lightly a few minutes after I arrive, taking some time to myself within my car previously.

His dad opens the door, created with a smile. I smile back dryly.

"Hey Emily"

"Hi Mr.Norman, how are you" I walk in the door, passed him.

"Good, thanks. Jace is upstairs"