thirty

"Emily, wake up"

I groan at his voice, feeling a white covered pillow hit my body from a distance, bouncing off to the floor.

My head remains buried under the sheets. Last night had been another restless night of trying to get comfortable with a stomach that weighed my entire body to the earth.

"Come on, baby." He sits to the bed besides me, rubbing hand up and down my arm.
"Our appointment is in an hour and I know how long it takes for you to get ready."

"I'm tired" I complain.

"Yeah Em, I am too" his voice hints in aggravation, lately I had been making everything about me.

I groan again, leaving my body motionless within the covers, eyes fluttering shut.

"God damnit Emily, get up" he stands, truly irritated. He hated being late.

My body sits up, annoyed at his tone. He had been like this lately, easy to break.

"Great way to start off the day" I mumble, brushing past him and leaving him to his room.

My things were in the guest bedroom, although I didn't spend much time in there anyway.

I put on some of the only remaining clothes that would fit. Truly I was lucky through the pregnancy so far and haven't gotten as big as some do during this trimester.

I brushed through my knotted hair, placing myself on the floor to finish getting ready with makeup.

And although I hate to admit it, Jace was right. I was just finished getting ready and we had twenty minutes to get there.

I grab my things off of the bed and rush down the hall, just to be met by honestly the longest task for me. Getting down the stairs.

Slowly, I make my way down, eventually arriving in the kitchen where Jace leans against the counter. Staring down at his phone.

"You ready?" I speak from the doorway, hoping to catch his attention.

He turns off his phone, not bothering to glance my way.
"Yeah"

He walks across the kitchen, attempting to brush by me. I push my hand to his shoulders, pushing him back to look at me.
"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." He speaks bluntly.

"Tell me whats going on with you?"

"Nothing Emily. We have to go."

"Jace." I glare up to him.

He sighs, resting his hands to my waist.
"Look, I'm sorry Em. I've been stressed because we've looked at so many apartments and can't agree on one. I shouldn't be taking it out on you, I know you shouldn't have that stress on you."

"Hey," I pull him to me.
"Don't worry about me, okay? And don't worry about the apartment, we'll find one."

"Not if we're late" He snaps back to sassy.

I pull away, disappointed.
"Okay fine. Lets go."

xxx

"I go left?"

"Yeah. Wait, right." I stare down to the g p s

"Emily for god sakes you've changed your mind a hundred times, make up your damn mind!" He yells in the confined area.