twenty nine

"What are gonna say to your parents?"

"When?"

"They're going to be there... you knew that, didn't you?"

"I was trying to forget" I sigh into the passenger seat. It'd been a week since I got my things and stormed out of the house like a child.

A week I've caught off all contact with my parents. They did the same.

My frustrations grew as Jace moseys around the parking garage to find an empty spot. He finds one, a close walk to the stairs into the hospital.

"Hey," Jace reaches for my hand.
"Don't let them ruin this, okay? This is a happy moment for us."

"No I'm happy" I grin, straight through the lies that left my lips.

"I know that this will be hard. And if you really want, we can just get a check up and leave."

"No, I want to know the gender. I know you do too."

"I already know." He flashes a cheesy smile to me.

My eyes roll, opening the car door.
"Let's go, Norman."

We get to the waiting room, sitting stiffly in chairs as we wait for my parents to show. They were already ten minutes late. I didn't want to admit it, not to Jace. But I wouldn't be taken back if they had decided not to show up.

Almost twenty minutes late, they walk through the door. My mom rushing to us, my dad taking his time.

"Honey, I'm sorry. I was having troubles getting your father out of the house."
She hugs me. I wrap my arms around her short jacket. God, did I miss her.

I pull away, turning to hug my dad. He stands still, rejecting my hug like a kid that didn't get their way.

I stare at him in anger, feeling my mom glare over at him too. I build myself to say something, only to be toned down by the gentle touch of Jaces hand to my shoulder.

"Okay" I whisper, allowing to let myself fall in Jaces pull. Sitting down next to him. His hand rests in my lap, holding to my leg.

My mom sits down next to us,
"I'm sure you guys are just so excited?"

"We are" I speak for the both of us.

"What do you guys want it to be?"

"I don't mind either way. But Jace here is insisting on it being a girl." I grin to him, he shrugs.

"You don't want a girl" my dad grumbles. We all turned, shocked that he finally spoke up.

"Why's that?" Jace looks at him, smiling.

"She'll have the family gene. Grow up to be a real bitch, wont listen, end up pregnant at seventeen and then leave as if you haven't done enough for them."

Jaces smile vanishes, his body tensing up next to me.

"Really? You want to do this now?" My eyebrows raise at him.

"I'm not doing anything, I'm only saying." He acts innocent.

"Our daughter wouldn't grow up a bitch that leaves because she wouldn't have a sorry excuse for a dad. I'm only saying"

"Youre still disrespectful?" He chuckles.

I push Jaces hand off me, grabbing my moms keys from the chair besides me, and throwing them at him.

He looks at me in shock.

"I want you to leave, right now."

"You can't-"

the list { jace norman }जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें