three

Eventually, Jace woke up. But it wasnt until well into the night, around three in the morning.

My eyes sting to the tv, red and irritated from the abundance of blinking. His eyes look up to meet mine, his body not having moved since the moment he laid his head on me.

"Youre still awake?"

"Yeah I- got sucked into the episodes. You know how it is" I lie.

It would be selfish to tell him that I couldnt sleep for his problems. But he senses it, wrapping his arm around my waist, burying himself into my side.

"Get some sleep princess"

"My parents are going to be pissed"

"I want you to stay here" He pouts.

"Jace" I sigh.

"Cant you just tell them you were with Rose?"

"They haven't really let me hang out with her since your accident"

"Please Emily" He mumbles, his eyes closed.

I sigh, sinking into his hold. The couch becoming more comfortable by the moment.
"Alright"

"Good" His grip tightens around me, not allowing me to move even if I wanted to, but I didn't.

"Your parents home?"

"Probably, why?"

"I didnt hear them come in"

"They might still be at the hospital"

"Okay" I run my fingers through his hair, hoping to distract him anyway possible.

"Goodnight Em"

"Night..."

"I love you"

I smile lightly in the darkness,
"I love you too"

***********

His body weight leaving mine wakes me, but only for a split second before I sink back into the warmth of the couch. It takes me hours to wake up, only awaking by the pressure of a hand on my back. Light circles tracing across it, send chills up my warm body.

"Hey, I made breakfast if you want it"

My eyes open, body turning to look over at Jace, crouched down next to me, inches from my face. He kisses my nose, his fingers pushing back the messy strands of hair from my pink tinted cheeks.

"Okay"

"And we need to talk about this list ma'am"

"Oh Jesus" I stretch, sitting up. He stands, extending his hand for me to take. I pull myself up, stumbling to the kitchen, Jace following.

I sit at the bar stool, a prepared plate in front of me. He places himself on the other side of the counter, standing in the kitchen.

"So, I was looking through it this morning" He pauses, glancing at me in disbelief. "Number one is to build a fort."

"Yeah?"

"We can cross that one out right?"

I shake my head.

"Emily what the heck"

"What?" I shove food in my mouth.

"What kind of childhood did you have?"

"The kind of childhood that you have to make a list of normal things, apparently"

"You wanna make one tonight?"