Chapter 44: Cody

Kay so I'm low key basing Cody off of Evan Peters because he's FUCKING HOT whoops. If you don't know who that is I'll Put a nice little picture for ya:)))))))))
(tell your eyes I said your welcome)
But I ain't gonna write a description about him so he can look like whatever you want:)
--------------
"Em"

I opened my eyes and squinted at the opened blinds.

"Hmm" I stretched

"I gotta get to work"

I sat up and rubbed my eyes "okay"

"You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah I'm good"

"Alright. Maisy's asleep but your friend stopped by, said he'd be over at 12"

"Okay"

He hesitantly bent over to kiss my forehead "I love you. I'll be home by nine and I'll stop by on my lunch break okay?"

I nodded, watching him leave the room with his car  keys in his hand.

I laid back in bed for what felt like seconds, which turned into hours. Finally getting the gumption to get out of bed I pushed the white comforter off of me, the cold air instantly hit my bare legs.

Shivering I looked through my dresser for sweatpants, but it was practically empty, all of my clothes were dirty.

Sighing I walked over to Jaces and grabbed out a pair of grey sweatpants, rolling them so that they wouldn't drag on the ground, I walked over to Maisy's crib. She was thankfully still asleep. Laying on her side with her small arms by her head.

Leaving the bedroom door open, I stiffly walked into the kitchen in time for a knock on the door.

Walking up to the door I slowly opened it.

"Cody?"

"Hey" His dimples formed from his smile.

I pulled out my phone to check the time then shoved it back into my pocket.

"I thought you weren't coming until 12?"

"The apartments quieter than I thought by myself... I hope you don't mind"

"No, no not at all. It was good timing actually, come on in"

I shut the door behind him and followed him into the living room.

"Maisy's asleep so, this is probably the only point we'll have of quite until she wakes up"

"Yeah I understand"

I sat down on the couch next to him
"How old are your kids?"

"Six and one"

"That's gotta be tough"

"Yeah" he slowly looked down at his hands.

"Have you...Have you heard from your, wife?"

I harshly swallowed as he hesitated to talk.

He opened his mouth like he was about to speak, but changed his mind and just shook his head instead.

I wasn't sure how to respond so I looked down myself.