Chapter 45: Breaking and Entering

I DIDNT REALIZE ITS BEEN SO LONG SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD IM SORRY
--
Buzzing echoing from the kitchen woke me up the next morning. The bed was empty, which was usual, but it wasn't my phone buzzing. 

I laid in bed ignoring it. Knowing it was Jaces, left here.

It stopped, but quickly began again. I groaned and stumbled out of bed, glancing in the crib expecting to see a sleeping baby, she hadn't cried waking me up yet. But the crib was empty.

I stood staring, confused for a moment, but heard the phone shut off. Jace was at work, Maisy shouldn't be with him.

The phone went off almost instantly, once again. I proceeded down the hallway and looked around to find his phone on the counter.

I looked at the number, it wasn't in his contacts. Sliding my figure across the phone I answered it.

"Hey Em"

I frantically responded to the familiar voice

"Where's Maisy?"

"I dropped her off at my moms"

"Why?"

"Because- you need to go over there too"

"What why?"

"Because, you just do"

"I don't want to"

"Then go to your parents- anywhere, just get your stuff for the night just get out of the house."

"Jace what the fuck"

"Emily please just listen to me you need to leave- I'll be home tomorrow. Take your stuff, go to your parents' or mine, wherever. Just go right now. I'll explain to you later"

"You said that last time"

"Emily"

"Okay, okay fine."

I hung up and stood at the counter in disbelief. This was going too far. It was one thing to be keeping stuff from me, but now this.

I went into the bedroom and quickly grabbed a t-shirt and some jeans, pj shorts, my phone charger, and a toothbrush. I shoved it into a bag from my closet and put it, along with my pillow and my phone in a pile next to the door.

Shedding the clothes from last night I slipped on a pair of ripped jeans and a black sweatshirt, some socks, Nike sandals and found a brush, brushing my nodded bed head out into a pony tail.

I was mad, thinking this whole thing was stupid, leaving my house for a reason I didn't even get. But I was tempted to feel fear, in fact I did. But how could you not when someone you've trusted for years frantically tells you to leave some place that you're always supposed to feel comfortable?

I picked up my stuff and walked out to the living room. Grabbing my keys and Jaces phone off the kitchen counter I quickly made sure everything was off, then walked out the door and locked it behind me.

I trudged three flights of stairs but hesitated to go down further. I looked down the empty hallway of the ninth floor as I debated.

I could go to my parents, but they'd want answers as to why I was there and how would I explain when I didn't know. I could go to Jace's parents' house and be with Maisy, but it was almost a half an hour away and I'm sure they'd ask questions too.

I sighed and turned down the hallway, walking a few doors down.

The knocks from my cold fingers on the wooden door echoed through the hallway.