Ch. 17

Harry's POV

"Harry what's going on?" Hannah asks me as she is inside, she did not even seam angry at me, then I remember that she has no idea that Conor has been taken, she does not know

"sit down, I'll tell you" I nod her over to the sofa where we both sit down 

"you are making me worried, is everything OK?" she asks me, I guess she has seen the state off me, blood shot eyes, messy hair and pale skin, I look sick, very sick. 

"I don't know where I should start, that is the problem, everything just turned to shit so fast"

"what is going on?"

"remember when we slept together"

"well, no, just the morning after part" she laughed 

"well you know me and Simon were on a brake thing that we told you"

"yeah?"

"well that was a lie"

"what? you cheated on him with me? but he is so nice to me" she gasped and she looked a bit angry

"no, he was in witness protection when that happened, but I did not know that, he was involved with the Cosby gang, he was there key witness and they kept him in a safe place, I was heartbroken and confused and I met you that night and we both know how that turned out"

"why are you telling me this now?" she asked

"I have to, they are trying to hurt us now"

"what? what happened? where is Si, where is Conor?" she asked and I just feel the tears starting to brake free again, I try my best to stop them but I know she can see them. 

"Si is at the police station"

"to turn them in and tell them what they are doing?" she asks 

"NO, not exactly"

"and why is that?" she asks, she looks so confused, I just don't want to say it, I don't want to tell her, I don't want her to take him away from me when he is back, I failed to protect him, I failed him.

"because Simon is getting forced to tell the police that he lied to them about all that he saw, because they are threatening us, they have the most precious thing that we own and I can't handle it, I don't know if I will ever be OK again"

"Harry, why is he doing that? what thing?" she asks me as she is trying so hard to make me get to the point, I have no choice but to spit it out, I need to tell her. 

"because they took Conor, the kidnapped him from school earlier today, they have him Hannah and I don't know if I can live with myself if anything happens to him, I've failed him, I failed to protect my son."