Ch. 16

Harry's POV

It was done, the police had come to "arrest" Simon for making a false statement and lying to the court, I just hope that this works, I don't know what I would do if this would not work, Simon has to stay at a hotel tonight because he can't be home, just in case that they double check. So I'm just here alone with my thoughts, that is not the best idea, I just turn on the news because the story is about to air, they told me that it would be on the 8pm news. I really hope that they made it believable. 

"Simon Minter was arrested after the police found out that he had been lying to the police for over 6 years about his involvement in the Cosby gang. 

Simon was the one to help the police put them in jail, but now the police has new information that leads them to believe that mr. Minter has lied all along, we will keep you updated on this shocking story as it continues"

They then roll a clip off Simon being dragged away with tears in his eyes and me looking shocked in the background, pleading with one off the officers like I was told to do, everything to make this convincing. I was up for anything. 

I turn off the TV, I'm just staring at the phone, hoping that they had seen this and would call me to arrange a pick up or something like that, I don't know how real life kidnappings work, this is not a movie, this is real life and my real life child that is in danger, I just want to hear his voice and know that he is safe in my arms. I've not felt so broken in years. I don't know what I should do, I want to go away, I just want to be somewhere else and not have to deal with this. 

I want to grab a bottle from our wine stack and just down it at once, but would that really help me, I could let something slip to the kidnappers if they were to call and that can't happen, because if I do that then I have ruined the hole plan and I might never get my son back, so even if I want to drink so badly I can't. I need to control myself even if I feel like the urge is so strong that it's basically pulling me to the alcohol. 

"Harry" I hear someone call through the door as there is a knock

"who is it?" I ask

"It's me, Hannah"

Shit, I forgot to call her about Conor, she has seen on the news that Simon has been arrested, I don't want her to be angry at me, I can't deal with that right now. I just open the door and avoid eye contact with her at all costs, I just expect a slap.