Chapter Fifthy Nine: Realization

Start from the beginning

"Oh."

"Come closer to her."

She sob continuously. "No Richard i can't. I'm the one who did that to my daughter."

"Why are you saying that, wala pong may gusto nito. Aksidente po ang nangyari."

"If i didn't listen to Dave maybe ikaw ngayon ang nasa tabi niya at inaalagaan siya. I was wrong!"

"Shhhh. Tita." He hold the hand of the old woman. "Past is already the past, we should move on and look forward to the future. What happen before is a learning and realization. See, kung hindi po ba nangyari yun malalaman niyo po bang kaya palang gawin ni Dave to. So Tita no one is blaming you okay and please don't blame yourself."

She faces him while wiping her tears with a tissue. "I know now why Rachel fall in love to you, because you have the kind heart. Thank you Richard and i promise to help you on her. You deserve each other." She hug him.

"Thank you Tita for appreciating me."

They just stay that way for a seconds until they withdrawn. "How is she?" Susan asked.

"She's stable now as per her doctor. You don't have to worry Tita. I know she'll be fine as soon as possible."

After that Susan come nearer to her daughter and like what Richard do, she hold her hand and caress her hair. A few hours has passed and still Rachel is not opening her eyes yet. Christine together with her husband, Andrea and Mark are came to visit her after Richard told them.

"How is she Kuya Rich?" Christine asked while caressing Rachel's hair.

"She's stable now Tine but unfortunately she's not yet opening her eyes."

Susan came out from the comfort room and finds them, they just stared to the old woman with awkwardness until Christine speak.

"Good afternoon po Mrs. Zulueta."

"Good afternoon too. Thank you for coming."

"You're always welcome Ma'am."

"Just call me Tita Susan. Congratulations on your wedding."

"Thanks po."

Susan smiled as an answer and her gaze was to Andrea. "Can we talk?" Says she.

"Po?" Andrea says.

"Can we talk iha?"

"Ah." She faces her husband and Mark nodded as sign of go talk to her. "Okay po."

The two went outside and excuse themselves to everyone. Andrea don't know what to say, she admits that she has sulk with her Ninang Susan that she also treat as her second mother before.

"Andrea." Says Susan.

"Po? Ano po bang gusto niyong pagusapan?"

"I don't know how to start but i wanted to say sorry to you and to your family, i know how much you love Rachel and treated her as your sister but i had to do that."

"You had to do what Tita? ang ilayo siya sa aming lahat kahit na sa akin. Yun po ang hindi ko maintindihan eh." Says she with tears in her eyes.

"I admit it mali ako, maling mali na inilayo ko siya sayo. We've been like family, a sister to her and i'm very thankful for that. Andrea, i'm really sorry for what i did hindi ko na sinasadya ang mga nangyari naging mali lang talaga ang desisyon ko, maling nakinig ako kay Dave." Says she sincerely.

Andrea stare her for a while and thinking something. "I heard you and Dave talking about that before but i'm not sure what is all about at ito na nga yun?"