Chapter Fifhty Eight: Struggling for Love

They are now at the coffee shop near at the cemetery where Eddie buried. None of them are speaking until their order came. Richard has the strength to ask first as way of respect for the old woman even if he's not sure what will happen after this conversation.

"What is this all about Mrs. Zulueta?"

"First of all i want to say thank you for coming in the funeral of my husband."

"Welcome. Tito Eddie has been part of my life back then."

"Yeah, when you and Rachel are in the relationship but now that she will marry Dave you're now longer part of the family."

"Why are you saying this to me? Is there anything wrong?"

"Gusto mong ipaalala ko sayo kung panong namatay ang anak niyo at halos mamatay din ang anak ko."

"Alam ko po yun at napagdusahan ko na po yun. Labing limang taon niyong tinago si Rachel, kasabay ng pagtagong yun ang bigyan siya ng bagong buhay without saying her the truth!"

"How dare you say that to me! You don't have the right to tell me what should i do after the accident she had because of your mistress."

"She is never been my mistress and Rachel know it."

"Then why she do that huh?"

"I don't know, she is desperate enough!"

"Desperate enough to get you from her. You told us that you'll going to protect her but what did you do when she was being caught by Trisha?"

"I don't know that it will happen, i'd tried my very best to follow them but it didn't work."

"Then now, how should i trust you to my daughter? What if it happens again huh? Will you promise me that she'll not get hurt again!"

"Hindi na po ako papayag na mangyari yun sa kanya, i'll give her even my life just to make her safe."

"No it's okay. Rachel will marry Dave and they will stay at Paris for good, para makalayo na siya sa inyo lalong lalo na sayo." She was about to stand up when Rich hold her.

"Are you really sure you're gonna trust Rachel to that man?"

She faces him. "Yes i'll do better than you."

"Do you think he'll not do again what she did to Rachel?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Why don't you ask him or even Rachel so you'll know the answer!"

Susan stare at him for a while and walk away leaving him. Richard stare at her until she was totally gone, he sit again and thinking deeply until one woman came that bring him back to the reality.

"Hey.." The woman says.

He was surprise on her presence, he didn't expect this.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Dave was on the home of Zulueta's waiting for her. Rachel decided to stay for a couple of hour in the cemetery to have time with his father, so everyone let her. Susan came and finds him sipping coffee at the Garden.

"Dave?"

"Oh hi Tita." He make beso. "How's your talk to Richard?"

"Well, i already told him that you and Rachel will getting married and will stay at Paris for good."

"Thanks Tita and what did he told you?"

"Should i trust you Dave?"

"Tita, ano po bang sinabi nung lalaking yun? Yes Tita, trust me. I'll never do what Richard did to her."