Chapter Fifthy Nine: Realization

Richard still waiting for the operation to finish, his face is full of nervousness and can't imagine that on the second time around this was happening to her. After an hour the doctor came out.

"Mr.?"

"Gomez po doc."

"Okay Mr. Gomez, i want to tell you that maayos ang naging operation namin sa kanya, hindi naman  masyadong malaki ang damage sa kanya of that accident. She is now stable and we are preparing her to transfer in one of a private room."

"Salamat Doc. Salamat. Pwede ko na ba siyang makita?"

"For now po hindi pa but when we already transfered her in a private room pwede na. Excuse me Mr. Gomez but i have to go."

"Thanks Doc a lot."

"You're welcome. Bye."

Richard is now relieved after hearing those words on Rachel's doctor. He is now at the nurse station to sign some papers about transferring her to a private room when he notice a man in a wheel chair being pulled by a nurse. He is trying to calm himself while staring at the man and he finds him dumbfounded and a blank expression on face.

"Excuse me nurse. What happen to that patient?"

"Oh sir he is the companion of Ms. Rachel in the accident right?" Nurse says.

"Yes he is. How is he?"

"Okay naman po siya kasi di rin naman ganun kalala ang pagkakabangga nila, pero nabulag po siya e."

He stared at him for a seconds. "Ah okay, salamat. I already done this. Here." He handed the clipboard to the nurse.

"Thank you sir."

While on his way to the room, he remember to call Susan but how he'll do that? The phone that she use to inform him was to Rachel. Unknown number is calling, he stare at his phone for a seconds trying to figuring out the said digits but he can't so he decided to answer it even.

"He-llo?"
"Thanks God Richard you answered it already, i was calling young while ago."
"Oh. Jezz, sorry po Tita."
"Where is my daughter?"
"Tita caln yourself, we're at the hospital —"
"What? What happen to her?" She cried.
"Nabangga po sila, but don't worry to much she's okay right now. Rachel just need to rest po."
"Okay. I'll go there in a few minutes."
"Okay po. Bye. Take care."

He ended the call. One of the nurses informed him that Rachel was now at the room and visitors are allowed now. He started to walk and his knee was crumbling maybe because of nervousness buy he ignores it all that he wants is too see him until he reached the room. He squeeze the knob and finds her peacefully sleeping on the hospital bed AGAIN. He walk slowly and when he reached her, Richard hold her hand and caress her face for about twenty seconds.

"Babe, Rachel you're here again. I'm afraid na baka kapag umalis lang ako saglit iwanan mo na naman ako. Bakit parang umulit to, bakit ba laging ikaw? Rachel, sana paggising mo maalal mo ako. The days that we are together happy and no worries in life, the days that we're just dreaming about our future together. Rachel, mahal na mahal kita, hindi naman nawala yun kahit kailan dahil ikaw lang ang nandito sa puso ko panghabang buhay." He kiss the top of her hand while a tears are now ready to fall down.

Susan was already there at the room when Richard doing that. She feel guilty about what they did before, she didn't expect that Dave have the courage to do that to them especially to her daughter. She just wanted that time is to let her daughter live again without those people who thinks can hurt her but she's wrong, she was fool to listen to that Dave.

Richard notice that there is someone beside him that's why he stood up and he finds Susan in tears while staring to Rachel.

"Tita?"