CHAPTER XX: THE PURSUIT OF WEALTHINESS

Everywhere is busy! Even the outskirts are coming to see the races!

We head out in the morning to get the pod up in order to test to see if it will run. Once we are sure everything should work, we step back. "Alright Hud, the moment of truth," I say excitedly.

He turns the ignition knob and the engines fire up like nothing I've ever heard.

Hud looks my way and seems very happy.

Frankly I don't know much about pods so I ask Ben, "Is that a good sound?"

He chuckles. "Yes, Rey."

"Yes! First place here we come!" I cheer

.

.

.

Creatures and people from all over Tatooine have gathered into the stands that are now completely full! The announcers are in the biggest box with their microphones for everyone, and the first class purchasers are in the rest of the boxes at the t...

Creatures and people from all over Tatooine have gathered into the stands that are now completely full! The announcers are in the biggest box with their microphones for everyone, and the first class purchasers are in the rest of the boxes at the top of the stands. There are special balcony places for those entering the race like Ben and myself in order to watch our car. The rest are in the stands with caps and shirts to mark which racer they are cheering for (or bet on). People have flags and brought family. It's a pretty jolly event out here in the heat. I even see staff passing out refreshments to everyone.

Ben and I take the pod to where the racers are prepping. We set it up there and make sure all is in tact. I am working on polishing the outside of the cockpit while Ben finds a helmet to fit Hud's head correctly. I check out the others who look like pros, all with their colors and sponsors on their uniforms. Their pods look new and professional... well most. Some are locals with pods kinda like ours and nothing official about them. I don't know how much chance we have but I have faith in the Force. I pray we win this. I want to be home with my friends again at a time like this and make sure everyone is okay.

 I want to be home with my friends again at a time like this and make sure everyone is okay

But I don't think about that as I concentrate on scrubbing this gunk off the metal.

"Hey," Ben says when he returns. "I only found a medium size left."