CHAPTER XV: 20 GOING ON 21

"Happy Birthday Rey!" they shout all at the same time when I enter and immediately my face is shocked and I cover it with embarrassment.

They are laughing now and I am too. Everyone is here around the Solos' table: Han, Leia, Luke, Chewy, C-3PO, R2D2, Finn, Poe, and BB-8. I can't believe it! They have an ice cream cake and they have blue and white streamers hung all over the place. Not to mention the presents on the table. They did all this while I was at school?

"Aww guys you jerks I said I didn't want a fuss on my birthday!" I whine in a joking way, but extremely flattered.

"Did you seriously think you were gonna get away with that, Rey?" Leia says, clearly knowing better.

"Yeah and uh sorry, the rest of the guys were gonna come but there was a big game tonight they couldn't miss," Poe says.

"And they could spare the quarterback?" I frown as I walk up to the table.

"I had the other guy take my place," he shrugs.

"Yes so if our team loses the game it's your fault," Han cracks.

BB-8 zaps him with a tiny taser looking thing I don't know how to identify but Han flinches and looks offended.

"Where's Ben?" I ask as I look at the gorgeous cake that says: "happy birthday shitface... haha I'm kidding her name is Rey."

"He's out back working on who knows what," Han rolls his eyes. He did skip school today.

"I'm guessing the cake was his doing?" I raise my eyebrows and try not to giggle.

"Yeah he went to pick it up and I said to get a new one but Han thought it was funny..." Leia shakes her head.

"It kinda is," Poe admits and Finn chuckles.

"Told you," Han tells her.

"Yeah as much as I don't like kids exposed to that language—" Luke starts.

"She's twenty-one ass rat," Han smarts off.

I snort a laugh at that and Leia rolls her eyes.

"Really...?" Luke seems surprised. "Oh she's getting so old!" he buries his face in his hands and Leia face-palms.

Chewy hugs him in comfort.

I giggle hard now at them. I've been here for a while. Now fully recovered I can walk around and such and don't have to wear bandages. There's scars still but they aren't too bad. Leia just kept me here for caution. Cause if I fell or something while I was still pretty sore, there would be no one to help me there at my lonely little house in the middle of nowhere. So I stayed here until I was healed enough. I should probably be going home soon now...

People whispered about me when I went back to school of course. But everyone who knew what really happened they just smiled or talked to me a bit. My locker was decorated by Poe and the guys to say "welcome back" and tons of other crap that was adorable.

But other than that the school seemed to get more strict, as if the troopers and teachers really cared about what was going on in the school for once. Phasma was downright teaching us self defense hardcore... mostly... target practice.

Of course there are rumors about what's going on but they are all ridiculous. About war and crap like that. If you ask me it might just be Snoke finally coughing on his own senile tongue and losing his mind.

That's not it, though. Leia has been listening to the news almost constantly as news of the Resistance is starting to leak through to public ears.

But really I just don't need to pay attention to that now. Luke says she's always been like that. He's surprised she didn't become a politician.