CHAPTER XI: REY IN REAL LIFE

Ben coaches me on different workouts as I stress what little muscles I have.

He says that focusing on the body isn't just about working out, it's about connecting your body with the Force; going longer, harder, and faster with this kindred and being able to do things normal people cannot and to prepare for whatever lies ahead; becoming the best and strongest that I can be. The Jedi are here to light the way for the others who cannot see. It's a great honor to be Force sensitive but also a great responsibility.

But this explains also why I've been able to heal so fast, and how intensely I can push my body to its limits without being worn out. And let's not forget instincts, reflexes, and jump capability. These are just some of the physical things I've been blessed to have but the Force is so much more than that.

At first he helps me with pull ups, holding my waist as I yank my body up and down, clutching the bar far from the ground to me. My feet even dangle completely when I hang there off it, whereas Ben's feet touch when he uses it.

I do that until my arms hurt and Ben allows me a break for water before we move onto our next activity: push-ups and planking.

I had always done girl push-ups but this time Ben makes me do boy ones. Well it's definitely harder. He stands over me and insults me, saying sassy things in a plain tone like usual as I try not to get annoyed. And when I do reply he says to be quiet and that I need to focus.

After that we move on to legs, which have okay muscles already because I walk miles everyday for scavenging. But I jog on the treadmill after drying off with a towel and I keep a water bottle by me the whole time. Ben is eating cheese puffs as I work and he even has the nerve to start throwing them at me as he says I need to speed up, calling me an elderly Yordle. I don't even know what that is but it made me get off and chase him with anger as he just laughed.

I do lunges and step-ups. Then I sit on the ground as Ben pins my feet to the floor and I fold my arms in to do sit-ups.

And when I do planks he keeps an eye on my posture, nudging my lower back down further when it's too arched as he sits Indian style beside me.

After that we end with him showing me the proper way to lift.

He puts a fair amount of weights on the bar at my feet and then shows me the technique on how to pick it up. He of course does it with so much ease it makes me sick. He just lifts it over his head like it's nothing, showing off his ridiculous pecks, biceps, and freaking eight-pack.

When he puts it down I just wipe my hands and get ready to lift it... but uh... when I reach to grab it I can't bring it an inch from the ground. I yank and pull and strain myself as I make struggling noises. But he just chuckles and I am extremely frustrated.

I give up and put my hands on my hips. "You are so mean."

He just holds back an amused look and pulls off a couple weights.

Soon after we're done dinner is here. So we take a break and walk over to the other side of the room.

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" He smirks at me.

"Oh yeah, yeah I just love how my limbs feel like noodles. It's awesome," I sass back as I limp around.

"You needed to be whipped into shape."

"Oh thanks. Keep talking about whips. It's sexy," I say with attitude.

"I know. And I'm sorry, Rey. But I'm going to have to put a shirt on now..." he looks bummed.

"Whatever, McSteamy," I mock him as I gather my trousers and my tank top and head to the loo. "I'm gonna rinse off."

"Alright," he minds his own business as I am about to shut the door but then lean against the frame suggestively before saying, "Ben."