CHAPTER XXV: MR. AND MRS. SOLO

OBI-WAN KENOBI:

Anakin and I have rejoined the living as Force Ghosts after the explosion of Starkiller Base.

...It's about a minute before I look at my former padawan. "So how does it feel to be burned alive for the second time?"

"I hate you."

.

.

.

REY:

"So what happened?" El asks us as we surround Finn's body on the bed, on our way back from Starkiller. The ship was damaged when we got hit by all that heat so we can't go into lightspeed without blowing up the Falcon. So we're headed back manually. But no one is need of immediate attention from medical. Just bruised.

"He got hit after Han killed Snoke and the troopers started firing at us

"He got hit after Han killed Snoke and the troopers started firing at us. He was very brave," I say.

They are all quiet and then suddenly Finn frowns. "I'm still alive."

Luke chuckles and so do El and I.

I look left to see Ben coming from the back of the Falcon with wet hair.

I smirk and walk up to him as he dries it with a towel. "What took you so long? Washing your hair, princess?"

"Probably something you're unfamiliar with," he sighs.

I expected myself to slap him or something or get mad but... instead a smile slowly stretches on my lips and I wrap my arms around him. "I missed your sass..." I admit in a way that I realize is very real. I didn't think of things being normal again. The idea of him dying was too constant in my mind that I never thought I would get back to this with him; to us.

He chuckles a little and returns the hug, placing a kiss on my head, leaving his lips there and shutting his eyes, coming to the thoughts I came to as we enjoy this moment. The others aren't paying attention. But here in our own little universe we remember who is important and what matters. Anything I feel—pain, doubt, fear, anxiety, worry, stress, sadness—it all disappears when in his embrace. The only thing I feel is how much I love him and how blessed I am that I can be in his arms again.