CHAPTER XXVI: FIFTY SHADES OF REY

Slowly I feel light breaking through my eyelids and I am pulled from my pleasant dreams, hearing the waves distantly crashing against the shores and different birds making their morning calls... or maybe closer to noon I can't tell what time of day it is.

I turn my head against the pillow to face away from the bright sun, my hand moving slightly only to realize it's on a bare back.

I flicker my eyes open a bit to see Ben lying next to me on his stomach, face buried into his pillow and messy black hair tangled. My hand rests on his pale skin that's dotted with sun spots and feels his slow breathing, muscular arms curled in a blanket covering the rest of him. What happened last night and why can't I remember i—I spot a bottle of vodka on the nightstand.

Oh.

That's why.

I frown and draw designs on his back with my finger until he half wakes up

I frown and draw designs on his back with my finger until he half wakes up. I get tired of the wait though and I finally slap him on the head.

He makes an indistinct mutter in an angry but whiny tone.

"Wake up, lazy," I say in a croak.

He turns so that his face is visible and his tried eyes squint and one opens to see me then closes again. "Ohh gross," he groans in sarcasm.

I snicker. "Yeah like your face brightens up my day," I add and Force grab my phone from the nightstand. I frown. "Your mum texted me." I open my phone to see the picture of a wedding cake and she said: cute idea for your wedding cake??

I keep myself from laughing as I shut off my phone and roll my eyes. That's when I finally realize I'm completely bare and my chest is exposed. I pull the sheets over myself and rest my hand on my jaw, propped up on my elbow. "She sent me a wedding idea."

"When should we tell them we already eloped in Naboo?"

"It hasn't even been twenty-four hours yet."

"It's been twenty-four years for my family."

I snicker in agreement and roll my eyes.